Baby carrier help! - give me your advice

bjl1981

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
I've got a 3 month old who weighs 15lb and I've been carrying him in a Tomy soft carrier on my front, but he's getting too heavy for this, and also a little bit too big now.
For Christmas I'm hoping to get a nice carrier (which my DH will also use) which can be used up to LO being a toddler. I'm leaning away from a wrap as my DH wouldn't bother with fiddling with it!
Any advice, what have you found to be good for heavier babies and what are versatile. Please be specific with makes if you know any good ones :)

Thanks

I have to say I love my Connecta. I have one (which is on loan to someone at the moment) but is too girly for OH (even thought I have a little boy!) but am trying to sell it as I just bought a black one so that OH will use it too.

The Connecta is the only carrier I have even attempted to get my little one on my back in and it's so easy to do! They're quick to get on if you're out and about and very OH friendly too! :D

Both me and OH can use it so easily too!

Just to help you - my LO is nearly 9 months and very heavy (always has been a big baby) and I have no problem carrying him on my front or back and there's plenty of room in it for him to be worn into toddlerhood :D

I really rate them as a fab all rounder, especially for heavy babies/toddlers!

Hope this helps! Any questions, please PM me...I don't bite!

xxx

Just had a look at their website. Is the only difference between this and a Babyhawk that there are buckles instead of straps?
Also, can you do a hip hold with the Connecta? And is it reversible, because then I could get a funky design for when I'm carrying, and DH can turn it round to a plain side for him!!!!
Sorry for all the questions!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->