baby chesty coughs?

Deb_baby

Megan Mummy & NTNP
Reaction score
Megan is now 14 weeks old, and for the last weeek or so while we've been up in Aberdeen she's had a bad dry/chesty cough but not phelgm(sp?) and yellow gunge in her eyes and some morning her eye is all crusted over and she cant open her eye.

The cough just isn't dissappearing and alot of the time she chokes until i manage to give her a few smacks on the back and now im worried if she chokes in the middle of the night i wont be able to hear her and when i wake up something bad might of happened :cry: im just so worried.

I'm thinking she might be allergic to pets/pet hair as she seems to cough worse when shes near my mum and sisters pet shih tzu's or OH parent dogs or my rabbit that stay at my mums, at our house there is no pets except 2 goldfish.

My parents do smoke but not near her and if they are coming near her they'll go wash their hands thoroughly and spray themselves a bit but not much so there clothes dont smell.

any ideas on what else it could be?

thanks x

I would take her to your GP. It's best to get things checked out if you're worried. They can sound her chest and see if she has an infection.

My LO used to cough like that and it was fine although scary.

Hi,
My little boy seems to always have had a bad cough and I've had him to the doctors probably once every month til he was about 7 months. They told me that during the first year its common to get a cold or cough once every month and its nothing to worry about.
Could the eye thing not just be blocked tear ducts? Oscar has had this too and it lasted about 2 weeks. I just used some warm water and cotton balls to clear it about twice a day. His was worse in the mornings too.
HTH x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"