Baby clothes (from experience)..

S

Serene123

I thought I'd ask in here since I could get some answers from experience. How long does a baby really fit in 0-3months? It's just I bought some cute summer dresses 3-6 months and I'm not sure I've timed it right. She'll be due just before summer starts.. Hmm.. So yeah, how long did these sizes last for your LO?

0-3months:
3-6months:
6-9months:

Do they actually fit them for that long?!

Not that long, keep to the basics!!! A lot of them my daughter never wore, or more then once!

Depends really some babies grow out of them faster than others Caitlin fitted into her 0-3 whole way through but diff places like our own clothes seem t obe bigger or small I have the 'odd' 0-3 that are way bigger than the stuff I packed and fitted her up til 4months (now been put away).

Depending on the dress its not such a big deal because you have baby grows underneath (short or long sleeved) followed by a warm cardi & then there jacket (all depending on weather a blanket in pram) and of course a pair of tights :D Baby can still wear dresses in the colder weather just wrappedup better.

Grows and vest esspecially first 3 months for us is a must (loads)! Someone told me not to buy small baby & newborn stuff then I got a bundle of one of the girls from here which had small baby/newborn stuff - good job really Caitlin was so tiny for even newborn size!

Ryan fit in newborn/first size clothes for maybe a month (?), only moving onto 3-6 month stuff this last week (he's 4 months tomorrow :D). Some of his bigger 0-3 month stuff still fits him though, and some of the 3-6 months stuff is WAY bigger - so sizes vary a lot across brands, etc. x

EDIT: I also had to rush out and buy some 'tiny baby' vests/babygros when he was first born, even though he wasn't particularly small.

Kaya fit in the newborn stuff for about a week, she then outgrew the 0-3 months by about 6-7 weeks, she's now wearing 6-9 month clothes and she's only 4 and a half months! (actually she's wearing 9-12 month trousers when she's in cloth nappies!)

Shows how much it differs between people.

I personally if I was to do it again would buy 0-3 no problem and a few small/new baby vests & babygrows but keep the tags on & receipts - you will know when baby arrives. Keep in mind most times you may find baby is more in vests & babygrow (think it stands for us all/most) Caitlin had 3 sets of clothes for small/first born (not newborn) baby & about 7 vests + babygrows she looked well cute though :D Then onto newborn & 0-3.

Buying 3-6 isn't a bad thing either :D

Olivia is mainly in 3-6 months, although some of her 0-3 still fit fantasically.

But then I have a 3-6 denim pinifore dress from Pumpkin Patch wich wont last much longer but a long sleeved t from pumpkin patch in 3-6 months that drowns her.

Olivia does still not fit into her 0-3 shoes. They still constantly fall off

x

I don't know if it's the same in the UK, but the sizes here are meant for you to dress your baby in a size that equals twice his age. For example, babies 3 months old wear the size 6 months on average. It's been right on the dot for us because Simon is really an average size baby. His pants are a size under, though, because he's quite slim. I wouldn't recommend buying too much of the tiny stuff as you'll probably doing laundry quite often anyway. And as others have mentionned, after a few weeks, you get to see how your LO grows up! Best of luck with the crazy shopping!!! ;)

I thought I'd ask in here since I could get some answers from experience. How long does a baby really fit in 0-3months? It's just I bought some cute summer dresses 3-6 months and I'm not sure I've timed it right. She'll be due just before summer starts.. Hmm.. So yeah, how long did these sizes last for your LO?

0-3months:
3-6months:
6-9months:

Do they actually fit them for that long?!

Depends entirely on the child.

My DD#1 was born at 5.5lbs and couldn't hardley fit into NB clothes. But she was a growing jugernaut and was in 6mo clothing by 3 mo. From then on, you could figure her size was double her age. IOW at 1 year old, she was in 2T's, by 2yo she was in 4T's. Right now at 11yo she's in a ladies 8-10 and is 5'3" tall. She and I have the same size feet US 9, and she's quickly growing out of those:)

I have a cousin who had a boy who wore sizes 1/2 his age. When he was 2 he was still in 12mo things... at 4yo he was in 2T. He's short and thin.

Keep it simple and as a mommy you'll end up seeing what types of clothes you like for LO and how they fit on him.

I remember I loved overalls/coveralls for DD. I could roll up the legs if I had to, but the shoulders were adjustable so I could keep them on her a lot longer as she grew fast. They were nice for winter since I could put a long sleeved shirt on underneath, and they were good for summer because I could cut off the ones whose legs were too short and put a tank on her and they were cute shorts!

You'll figure it out in the next couple of months :)

My son didn't last in 0-3 very long. He was only 8lb 2oz when born, but 22" long. He's now 2 1/2 and in 5-6 and 6-7 in shops..

So I'd range in what you "prepare buy" so that you've got stuff for her to wear.. but maybe wait until closer the time to buy extras and that'll give you better judgement for what she'll need after summer.

you can go by thw weight more.. alot of the baby clothes we have have weight sizes on them too.. usually 0-3 month goes up to 12lbs. Which is pretty accurate as colton is probably around 11lbs now and all of them still fit but some are to the point where I know in less than a month he will be wearing his 3-6 months (which is fine because it's starting to get warm and I bought those for the warm season :D)
Newborns said they go up to 8lbs, but Colton has just gotten to wear none of those fit (I guess they were alittle bigger), 0-3 month is like 8lbs-12lbs. I am not sure what the 3-6 months are, but I am going to guess somewhere around up to 16lbs. I would have to get some of his out and look.
Hope that helps!

And yeah, like Wobbles said.. with dresses (lucky girls.. lol) you can get away with it earlier because they are growing under them. You dont have to worry about them being too long or too short for awhile, unlike pants and stuff.

I guess each baby is different, they all grow at different rates so hard to say. Oliver was in newborn til he was a month old, then 0-3 from 1-3.5months and he's now in 3-6. I think the sizing is quite accurate from my experience, they've lasted him from the ages it says on the label, obviousilly providing ur baby isnt really big or small at birth. i think most 0-3months goes up to 12lbs and 18lbs for 3-6.x

Callum was in newborn stuff for maybe a month max, then 0-3 till he was 2.5months now he's in 3-6 months which arent gonna last him much longer, some stuff he wears now is 6-9 months. He is quite long tho. It al really depends on the baby.

yes, most of them give a comparision in weight, which makes the whole thing easier to look at!

only H&M don't, were I went yesterday to get some stuff!

they do 0-2 month, 2-4 month and give the equivalent in european sizes...

I think everything I got, is too big for her :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

See olivia has really long legs so her bottom half is 3-6 but she is quite short and slender up top so she is still in 0-3...

She weights 13lb 2 and 0-3 says upto 14lbs and she is 3 and a half months.

You can just never tell in my humble opinion as every baby is different.

But as you say... it will fit her at some point.

x

I can't answer you exact question - Anna is still in early baby - newborn clothing! However, depending on the size your LO is on arrival and on how fast she grows you may have bought them a little too large - I reckon Anna will still be in 0-3 months through all of the summer, but she is truly tiny.... My baby brother was quite large when he was born and went straight into 0-3 months skipping newborn entirely, but he didn't need to go into 3-6 months until he was about 4-5 months old...

Why not wait until your LO arrives and then if they are a small baby you can take them back and exchange them for 0-3 months?

All i can say is buy in the sale's the kids aren't in them long enough for the expense! I bought the kids stuff for later this year in the next sale's at xmas and today got a gorgeous pink winnie the pooh fleece for £1.50 from poundstretcher-bargain
x x

Well, I guess it really does just depend on the child, and you won't know till you have yours: My mum had her baby last night and she is fitting 0-3 month clothing . Meanwhile, Anna is nearly a month old, and still in early baby clothing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->