Baby clothes

wantingagirl

Reaction score
Can I just ask how many outfits in nb, up to 1 month and 0-3 in outfits, all in 1s and 2 pieces (bottoms and tops) did you purchase in each size?

Also when did you pack your hospital bag?

Scary how time is passing!

The short answer is WAY. TOO. MANY. Like...too many to count. LOL. And it was awesome:)

I kept all my DS#1 clothing and washed it all and its currently hanging and ready to go! I may have gone a little overboard with clothes with him since he was mostly in sleepers. LOL!

I packed my bag at 31 weeks but thats only because I have been having really painful Braxton Hicks in my back and wasn't sure if it was true labor or not.

I packed my bag at 35 weeks. Got a decent amount of clothes as I bought what I thought was necessary (didn't go overboard, think there were 7 nb sleepsuits and long sleeve vests and 2 cute outfits in nb size for when we meet visitors) but then got some more as gifts. Also because it's winter I bought a few cardigans and a pramsuit. But to be honest I went quite mad buying for ds and actually felt sad that he'd barely worn half his newborn stuff by the time he outgrew it.

My oldest only wore newborn for about two weeks so we had more than enough for him. People love giving really little baby clothes as gifts lol! With our second we had mostly hand me downs from the older one since he didn't wear them very much. My second baby wore them a lot longer. He was probably a month or month and a half before he jumped to 0-3 month.

My first I packed my hospital bag about a month early. It was super nice to be able to just grab and go. I ended up getting induced for my first so there was no rush. My second I had a scheduled csection so I waited to pack my hospital bag. BIG REGRET. At 39 weeks I ended up having the csection early due to preeclampsia. I got sent directly from my last appointment to the hospital. No time to grab anything. Having my husband try and pack me a hospital bag after was horrible lol! I love him to death and he meant well but I ended up with a lot of clothes that didn't fit well or would rub in places you don't want rubbing. Or he brought me really sexy undies rather than good ol' grannie panties you want after a baby LOL!

I plan to have my hospital bag packed here soon, 35 weeks is my goal to have it done by at least. Make sure you pack one for you, one for baby, and one for your husband. My husband was very thankful for the hospital bag I packed him for our first.

With my first, far to many:haha: although not enough newborn as she was smaller than than growth scans were estimating and was in newborn for 7 weeks so had to go out and buy more. I had my bag packed for around 36-37 weeks first time round and 35 weeks this time.

I have only got 2 newborn baby clothes, honestly they are in them for such a short time it's just not worth it. I've bought 5 x 0-1 month sleepsuits and the rest is all 0-3. Have about 10 -15 sleepsuits and long/short sleeve vests. I would say they will spend 90% of their time in a Baby gro! So don't bother buying any tiny outfits as they won't get worn, we never used so many cute dresses and bits for my daughter as she outgrew them before we got her in any of them!

Packing my hospital bag tomm! Had planned to do it next week but have had bad braxtons all day so has panicked my husband that he won't know where anything is if he has to pack the bag suddenly :haha;

At 30 weeks I pack my bag, 4 up to 1month baby grows and 2 baby grows in 0-3. Same with vests I get the little wrap Velcro ones until the cord pops off, I don't do outfits because I think babies look more comfortable in baby grows, knitted hat and cardi too. xx

Also I don't 't get newborn as mine were all around 8lb 11oz:haha:

I have a handful of newborn stuff that came with a lot of clothes I bought. But my main items are 12 sleepsuits, a cardigan, hats, mittens, and socks. I also have some baby grows but didn't really use those with my son until he was closer to 3 months.

I plan to pack my bag this week. With my son I packed at 36 weeks but this pregnancy has had its issues so I'd rather be prepared.

I usually get at least a dozen outfits in each size... is that excessive? :blush:

As to the hospital bag, I tend to go into labor early so I pack around 30 weeks just to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->