Baby Cots?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok so I was wondering would I be better with a cot, cot bed or just the moses basket?

You girls have mentioned the chairs & swings that vibrate & have melodies etc being a saver for you & baby so I came across this:
https://www.kiddicare.com/invt/gravcontelecbrug?D=Graco+Contour&Ntt=Graco+Contour&Ntk=primary&N=0

The Contour Electra provides all the comfort your baby will need, there is a gently vibrating mattress, night light and music box for soothing lullabies, all operated by a timer. A handy changing station complete the package to ensure fuss free nappy changes.

So I was hmm'ing if maybe this could be a good idea in replace of a cot. I'm thinking it will be.

Just wondering how your girls worked where baby sleeps?

x

i had a m,oses basket which callum fitted for about a week lol thankfully was chloes old one so no money wasted! he slept in a travel cot for about 4 month then i got a cotbed for him, id say a cotbed is a huge investment as it goes into a bed and does them up to about 4/5 :D

If i used my neice as an example, she was in a moses basket untill 5 months old when she grew out of it, then into a travel cot then into a cotbed in her own room a few months later.

So you used travel cot when he was bubba? Says from new born this one too mind.

yea, i couldnt afford a cotbed :blush: i had to save up, plus with him being in my room to begin with i wanted summit portable :D

Its nice (it matches the travel system we got!)
Is it not more of a travel cot tho?

Because we live in a 3 story house (babys room & our room is on the top floor) we're having a moses basket in the livingroom (ground) A swinging crib in our room next to our bed and a cot bed in the babys room which also doubles up as a sofa when baby is too big.
We also have one of those vibrating rocker chairs and what I can only describe as a cross between a moses basket & bouncy chair but vibrates.
We got given the Crib, moses basket, chair and mini moses basket so we have a choice, if not it would have just been the moses basket (which we'd have to carry up two flights of stairs everyday) and a cot!

Don't know where I'm going to find room to keep everything once he gets to big for things! :dohh:

Its nice (it matches the travel system we got!)
Is it not more of a travel cot tho?
What the one I linked too? yer if so! :D

I'm having moses basket & crib. Imi is giving me a moses basket hence both - I'd just really like to buy a crib lol:blush:

Maddie had Moses, travel cot then bed ...

Ellie j gonna have the same ....

Thing is some babies don't like swinging cribes or vibrating chairs so best play it safe and go with bog standard!

Personal choice though hunni even though it is very nice :)

xxx

I guess I wouldn't have to use that bit should it be that way yet it could be a blessing - Hard without trying isn't it really but I think it has a couple of extras in one that may be useful like the changing area - we dont have space for a little unit or draws an with the cat I don't fancy the floor?

The cribs I hope have catches to stop it swinging? hmm lol

What about a travel cot with a bulit in changing unit hun??

xxx

Travel cot:

The Contour Electra provides all the comfort your baby will need, there is a gently vibrating mattress, night light and music box for soothing lullabies, all operated by a timer. A handy changing station complete the package to ensure fuss free nappy changes.

OMG sorry hun i totally seem to have lost the plot :(

Gav told me something 5 mins ago .... you know what i can't remember what it was lol

xxx

LOL

Think I might go for it since you girls say you use travel cots too - it has the extra things that may be good for baby & the changing bit which will help us room wise so I've decided to cross out a crib & use a mose basket & this.

Both of mine have had a moses downstairs, crib upstairs then cot when they go into their own room. Though Alex is in a travel cot at the mo :)

im due in july & i am going for a cot bed, simply as in the long run it will save money (as we dont have alot to spare) although it does mean that for at least a year (if not more)it will be sleeping in the same room as us as thats the only place big enough & spare as we are living in a 2 bed house with my partners mum atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->