Baby Dylan is here!

pinkandfluffy

Pregnant with Number 2!
Reaction score
Baby Dylan arrived 31/07/10 at 4.30am weighing 7lbs 3oz.

Are you sitting comfortably? :coffee: Long and not terribly interesting but wanted to get this down for me.

I had a few paranoid moments earlier that week where I was convinced my waters were leaking. On Weds evening I had a bloody show and later felt a gush and looked like I'd wet myself, so wondered if the waters really must be leaking so I rung the hospital and up we went.

The midwife decided my waters had gone and counted it from the Tuesday evening when I'd started thinking they were leaking. So I was booked in to be induced Thursday lunch time and off we went.

Had the first prostin tablet at 1pm and it worked like a charm, and I started having contractions (irregularly) about 3 hours later. I was told I would be going over to labour suite as we were ready, but there were no rooms or beds...... after a long evening of being grumpy and intermittent contractions there was still no room and DH was sent home about midnight which made me so upset :cry:

Next morning (Friday) I was told at 5am I would be going over to labour at 7am so to ring DH. I had been taking paracetamol and codeine up to this point. Same old.........no room........lots of people coming in were in natural labour and therefore taking priority......

By later in the afternoon I was begging for better pain relief and they were going to let me have diamorphine but then said I would be going to labour room at 5pm so could I hang on. By the time we got to labour ward it was about 5.30 and I was desperate for any pain relief as mine had worn off so long ago.

I was shattered having not slept while being at the hospital but pleased to be getting started! I hadn't realised (stupidly) that being put on the drip to kick up the contractions and the fact that I had to be on a monitor due to waters having started leaking so long ago meant I would be stuck to the bed the whole time which was horrible. I was in so much pain (I have no pain tolerance at all lol.....) and the midwife still wasn't giving me anything. She had also realised my fore waters hadn't gone and suspected it was just my hind waters that had before, so had to break them. At the shift change over I got a new midwife and I said if I was going to be immobile anyway give me the epidural! She agreed and went to arrange it, I carried on screaming away and even started puking which was not great :dohh:

Got started on the gas and air which really helped, as the epi was going to be delayed. I had been only 2cm when we came over to labour but they didn't check me again until after the epi.

Instant relief from the epi and the room immediately chilled out.....I even had my first sleep which was lovely :haha: midwife said she would come back later and expected me to be at 5cm but we were already at 9cm and almost ready!

Finally started pushing at 2.30am - midwife and DH had to help me at first as I couldn't always tell when to push because of the epi but by the end I was able to do it on my own and it was brilliant. I had so much energy and was so relaxed from not having had all the previous pain that I could really enjoy it. The contractions tailed off again unfortunately so this stage lasted 2 hours as we were having to wait for contractions to appear. I was sick again but just because I was pushing so hard I got dizzy :haha:

Cord was wrapped around Dylan twice so DH couldn't cut it but he was fine and almost launched himself out in the end :haha: I got away with only a graze and my long and skinny baby arrived with sooooo much hair!

I was kept in hospital until teatime the following day and now am enjoying time at home with my lovely little man :cloud9:

Oops forgot the pic!!!!

Attachments

• dylan.jpg
    dylan.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
Congratulations hun, he's gorgeous!

xxx

congratulations again! I love birth stories :)

Just realized you had the same due date as me!!! Can't wait to have my little one in my arms :) Congrats again hun, you're a trooper! :hugs:

whoop whoop he is lovely and not a bad birth story either for your first hunny glad you did it i'm so jealous :hugs::cloud9:

congrats! He's just beautiful! Well done you.

He's is gorgeous hun.....huge congrats (again LOL) and well done :hugs:

xxx

oh lovely story. epi's are fab, aren't they? congrats hun :) he's so lovely :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->