Baby engaged but no pressure?

Katteh

Reaction score
I had a midwife appointment this morning where they told me baby is 4/5ths engaged (1/5th palpable) which came as a surprise as I've had barely any pressure down low. I get the odd bit if I'm on my feet for a while but none of this 'bowling ball between the legs' which I often hear about!

Just wondered if anyone had the same? I don't remember ever getting a lot of pressure with my daughter either and I'm pretty sure she was engaged for a bit before I went into labour xx

When I was 4/5 I didn't get much at all!
No extra peeing and no waddling nothing...

2 weeks ago my midwife said baby was fully (5/5) engaged and asked if I felt any pressure - Nope! She was surprised, but said some women seem to have a less sensitive "pressure-gauge"

At my last appointment, 1 week ago, baby was still 5/5 and I only started to feel a bit of pressure the past day or so. Even now, it's only if I sit for a long time and it goes away after 10-15 minutes of moving around. I'm not waddling and peeing hasn't changed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 5/5 is least engaged.

The most engaged is 0/5

5/5 as far as I'm aware is when they're just slightly starting to engage.

The most engaged is 0/5

Not necessarily. 5/5ths engaged is fully engaged, 5/5ths palpable is not yet engaged. It really depends on the midwife as to what they put.

When I wrote above that I'm 4/5ths engaged, I mean 4 5ths of baby's head is in my pelvis and only 1/5th is palpable.

I never got any pressure I feel some when I get contractions but that's it and my bump hasn't dropped very far either but her heads down there don't know how far cause I never listen to the doctor when they try to tell me things right after shoving there massive fingers inside of me!

Oh dear how confusing!!!!

The most engaged is 0/5

Not necessarily. 5/5ths engaged is fully engaged, 5/5ths palpable is not yet engaged. It really depends on the midwife as to what they put.

When I wrote above that I'm 4/5ths engaged, I mean 4 5ths of baby's head is in my pelvis and only 1/5th is palpable.

Confusing is right!

I confirmed with my midwife that she meant baby's head was fully in my pelvis. She said she can barely tell it's baby's head 'cause it's so deep (I had an ultrasound to confirm baby is head down, midwife wanted to be extra sure when she couldn't palpate the head at all).

Lucky u I feel loads of pressure and all my midwife said was his head is on the way down into my pelvis.

My midwife had the same concerns linzee which is why I was asking re pressure! I didnt get a scan as she decided it was definitely head down just really low so she could barely feel baby's head.

I'm definitely noticing my bladder capacity is reduced though, I go lots but there's barely anything there! X

My midwife had the same concerns linzee which is why I was asking re pressure! I didnt get a scan as she decided it was definitely head down just really low so she could barely feel baby's head.

I'm definitely noticing my bladder capacity is reduced though, I go lots but there's barely anything there! X

I get that. Always feel like im BURSTING but when I go I feel its been a wasted effort what with the huffing and pyffing up the stairs each time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->