Baby engaging 2nd preganancy

m79

Reaction score
I'm due in 2 weeks exactly and on Thursday midwife said baby's head is 2/5 down already and labour will be anytime now I'm having lots of Braxton hicks some stop me in my tracks and tonight getting lots of aches and pains down there I'm guessing its her engaging more as lots of pressure as well . I had my daughter 16 months ago so this is number 2 . I was wondering if anyone had similar experience and if this could be labour getting closet midwife joked its a really long latent phase !

I'm the same, baby nicely engaged at 37 + 2 and midwife says that this is excellent for 2nd babies as they are usually lazy and don't engage until last minute. My waters broke at 37 + 6 with dd (tomorrow!) so I am a little nervous!

Sounds like your cloSe as well my pains are continuing tonight along with contractions been 2 days constant now but without these new pains I'm hoping it will just progress from here

Still strong Braxton hicks and more pain cramps tonight again. Really want this to progress now ...

No signs for me today, last time I lost a bit of plug in the morning then waters broke at half ten in the evening - started raspberry leaf tea capsules tonight so we'll see how it develops.

I don't think I'm in any rush, just wish I knew when as I don't like suprises!

I was told baby 3/5 engaged and to expect an early baby this was at my 36 week appt. MW made it sound as if I was going to have her then and there! Also told me she is BIG lol!! I'm hoping to hang on in there until at least 38 weeks and wondering if it means she will be born before DD. All quite exciting and nice to know heading in right direction!

I'm pregnant with my fourth and at my 32 week appt baby was 2/5 engaged, coming up to 35 weeks now so will see how much he's engaged at my appt on friday. With my second I was 3/5 engaged for 4 weeks before he was born. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->