baby engaging - less movement?

Tyra86

Reaction score
im 37 weeks, LOs heasd was 3/5 engaged last week at MW and shes defo dropped since, lot more pain down low. last two days i have had decreased movement, im still getting over 10 a day but nowhere near as frequent or strong. Is this normal with engagement? Bit worried tbh, anyone else had this? x

I'm the exact same so i'd be interested in the replies too...

My LO was only 4/5ths engaged on Wednesday though...

My movements seem to have decreased in the past three days although up until then LO was going mental (to the point where I was worried about that!). I was 2/5 engaged at last m/w appointment two weeks ago and am 39w today and seeing mw again on Tuesday so will be interested to see how much further LO has gone - not sure how much more pressure my groin ligaments/bladder etc can take without it all just crashing out!

I'm glad you asked this, last week at 35+6 baby was 3/5ths and in the last couple of days baby has gone quite quiet, movements are soo low and i have such pressure down there! I was really worried in town today, looking for somewhere to sit down as i had really strange feelings down there like he was sitting ready ha! x

Sooo glad you asked this too and I'm thinking it must be normal.

My baby was 3/5 engaged on wed and I'm not getting much movement. Probs just over 10 a day.....a lot of it is just tightenings though and sometimes I can't decide whether its movement or a BH?! :shrug:

Anyone else the same? x

i feel a lot better now i know its not just me, they must become less mobile once they get their head stuck eh!! makes sense really when you think about it. I'm back at the MW on tues so I will see if she has moved any further down and I will ask her as well (though she'l prob just say - "are you getting 10 a day? Well its fine then." I think shes been programmed to say this cos as soon as I ask about movement thats what I get!!).

Suzanne108 I know exactly what you mean about the tightenings, its difficult to distinguish them from movements as everythings so squashed now anyway.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else is in the same boat or what your MW say, thanks ladies xx

if your having reduced movements you need to go be monitored not trying to scare but no they should not slow down no matter what people tell you

go get checked out x x

im still having over 10 a day so it would not warrant going up to the hospital. The MW would not have me up there unless I was having less than 10 a day, I think thats the case with most hospitals now. If I was having less than this I would defo ring and go get checked x

ALL FINE!

As long as you have the 10 a day it's all fine, reduced or not, especially as the baby is engaging. I have a MW appointment tomorrow so I'll ask for you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->