Baby Ethans arrival!

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! i thought i would post about baby Ethan's arrival to share my experience and also to help me remember lol!

My waters broke the day before my due date at 5.45am Wednesday morning! i felt a slow trickle like i was wetting myself in bed then i realized that shit my waters were leaking so i got out of bed slowly and a sudden gush of water came out! (they carried on leaking until he was born). My waters had broken but i was not getting any contractions at this point but was advised to ring the midwifes who told me to come in for an assessment of the baby in-case of infection! (everything fine) got given a time to come in and get induced the next day(Thursday 19th-due date) if nothing had happen naturally by then! During that day and night i started to get contraction that got worse and became 5-7 mins apart! so we made our way to the hospital 3am that Thursday morning put on the monitoring machine and everything was good with baby but the contractions had died down-midwife said the contractions needed to be 3 mins apart so sent us home! with NO pain relieve! :wacko: that night had to be the longest night ever! no sleep and bloody contractions!!!! some how manged to make it through the night and we went in for my induction at 11am Thursday 19th due date! Didn't get seen until 2pm that's when i had my induction and the contractions really started to pick up almost straight away! from about 3pm Thursday till 7.15pm the next day Friday 20th November i was in agony with contractions i started off on co codamol then i had to have morphine which really knocks you out but you can still feel the pain! a very long night! made it worse as partners have to go home after 8pm,could of really done with him there! :nope:
The morning came and the midwife examined me and said she couldn't believe that i was already 6cm dilated! (I asked for some more pain relieve but was not getting it) ....over to labour ward for us! I finally got gas and air which did help! A LOT as-well as grabbing my partners hands feet legs anything lol! Bless! At one point they thought i had an infection as my pulse was over 100! so had a line put in a had bloods taken also had a bag and half of saline as i was getting dehydrated,also didn't know if i was fully dilated so i was put on another drip to get my contractions to pick up! I was in active labour for 10hrs 51 mins and at the pushing stage for about an hour or so! at 7.14 pm baby Ethan was born weighing 7lb13! very emotainal and bloody hard work!! but we are both totaly in love with him! well worth all the pain!

Thanks for reading if you have got this far lmao! good luck :hugs:

Attachments

• ethan.jpg
    ethan.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 40
congrats sweetie, he's gorrrrrgeous :)

congrats hun he's lovely and also love the name (Ethan is on my shortlist)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->