Baby Eye Colour

Butterfly89

Mama of 1
Reaction score
This is just a silly fun question. =) But my son was born with dark gray/greenish coloured eyes and people keep commenting that they are "unique". Does their eye colour this early really mean anything? I know it can change anywhere in the first few years apparently (though supposedly most are their true colour around a year).

I know brown stays brown and lighter blue *usually* stays blue, but what about greenish tinges? I'm wondering if he may have hazel eyes. :) OH has one parent with blue eyes, one with brown and his own eyes are a very unusual goldy caramel colour, lucky man. :o My eyes are dark brown and so are my parents. And hazel eyes do run in my side of the family, if it is a gene.

I know chances are they will be brown, which would be lovely too, but the greenish colour makes me wonder since its supposedly not "usual".

What about your LO's? :) How did they start out and change?

This is just a silly fun question. =) But my son was born with dark gray/greenish coloured eyes and people keep commenting that they are "unique". Does their eye colour this early really mean anything? I know it can change anywhere in the first few years apparently (though supposedly most are their true colour around a year).

I know brown stays brown and lighter blue *usually* stays blue, but what about greenish tinges? I'm wondering if he may have hazel eyes. :) OH has one parent with blue eyes, one with brown and his own eyes are a very unusual goldy caramel colour, lucky man. :o My eyes are dark brown and so are my parents. And hazel eyes do run in my side of the family, if it is a gene.

I know chances are they will be brown, which would be lovely too, but the greenish colour makes me wonder since its supposedly not "usual".

What about your LO's? :) How did they start out and change?

Hey hon. My LO was born with the same eye color, though they have recently turned brown. Though my LO's were DARK grey, so there had to be a lot of light for you to be able to see the actual color.

I think they were stale blue at birth (he didn't open eyes often, OH and I saw blue).

I have dark brown eyes, and OH has green hazel eyes: one parent has brown and one has blue. Though on my side almost all have brown, with my grandfather having hazel.

To be honest I think you are going to have to wait it out, they can change till 2 years.

My older 2 daughters have green eyes, both were a slate blue at birth, changed to a lighter grey/blue and finally to green by 6 months - my older son has one green and one brown eye ... No idea how that happened but was noticeable at 12 weeks where I rushed him to the GP convinced he was blind in one eye lol. No idea what my LO will be - he's currently a lighter slate grey/blue colour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->