Baby facing back and I have anterior placenta and it's driving me crazy!!

Christinee

Reaction score
Found out that I have a very thick anterior placenta that covers the top and front of my belly.... This has been and still is making movements harder for me to feel. The baby was in breech but she has moved to head down position and is facing my back so now I feel like I am feeling even less. It is soooo stressful. :( I went into L&D twice so far for it and both times checked out fine. The last time I went (two nights ago) they did the whole biophysical profile thing and everything and said baby looked great... It made me feel much better for a day but here I am feeling bummed again. I mean I do feel movements but they are just so muffled and I don't get the real strong jabs a lot of you talk about. I got some good rolling for a couple days but i think she found her comfy spot facing my back, so now I just back to getting the muffled kicks and little wiggles. And right now she is facing my back and slightly turned but to the side that my placenta is the thickest at. Little boogar... I'd love to hear any similar experiences.. They always make me feel better. lol

Go figure....I think she can hear me because right after I write this post she starts giving me some good movement... LOL Still muffled but I even got a couple ouchies out of her just now. I love the ouchie movements. I know you guys know what I mean. hahaha

I went in last week because of reduced movements. Had a growth scan today and baby is head wedged down, back to my tummy which is great for labour but not great fir movements!! I've got a posterior placebta but I can still really tell the difference between this baby and my daughters movements at this stage. I get low down flutters and the odd very high up kick but nothing dramatic!!

Back to tummy is PERFECT for labour and delivery! This is great news. I know it's tough having to stress about movements but having baby in this position is going to be so good come the time to squeeze baby out. Check out spinningbabies.com for more info if you want.

My son was the same way in my last pregnancy. I had an anterior placenta and he was facing my back. It is frustrating, but it is good because it's the ideal position..head down, facing your back.

But I definitely felt him no matter what as it got closer to the end. Glad you started feeling some more movements. :)

My son was the same way in my last pregnancy. I had an anterior placenta and he was facing my back. It is frustrating, but it is good because it's the ideal position..head down, facing your back.

But I definitely felt him no matter what as it got closer to the end. Glad you started feeling some more movements. :)

I get minimal movements.. I mean I feel a good roll here and there and a good thump here and there but most movements are very muffled so they don't feel strong to me and are not what I would expect at this point. I just went and had a talk with my doctor about it because I am constantly worried. She says my biophysical profile score was as good as it gets and she just thinks the positioning of the baby and plus the anterior placenta just muffling everything... Plus I might just have a calmer baby on top of that. Triple whammy. lol She didn't seem concerned so I am going to try not to be.

I went in last week because of reduced movements. Had a growth scan today and baby is head wedged down, back to my tummy which is great for labour but not great fir movements!! I've got a posterior placebta but I can still really tell the difference between this baby and my daughters movements at this stage. I get low down flutters and the odd very high up kick but nothing dramatic!!

I love hearing stuff like this... makes me feel better.

Not only do I have a thick anterior placenta and haven't felt her move much in the past few days but she also has a mass on her lungs that could cause hydrops (dangerous fluid buildup) and one of the symptoms is reduced movement!
I'm already freaking out because it's been an extra week since my last scan to check her mass ratio (in the middle of her peak mass growth period of all times!) because of a stupid new Dr at Maternal Fetal Medicine that threw off the scan schedule and I couldn't change the time because of the holidays causing scheduling issues. But when I get just at the point of going to L&D, I drink a glass of soda or something sweet (Bad for the GD but good for my peace of mind) and she will kick.

I only feel her in 2 spots so I know it's got to be positioning but I will still feel much better after my OB visit tomorrow and u/s Friday. She moves like a dervish on the scans so I suppose I should be a little relieved I can't feel that since I barely sleep as it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->