• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby feeding a lot less

Calif

Baby was born 6/2013!
Reaction score
For the past week or so my baby has switched to eating only 1 breast a feeding, and my supply hasn't increased according to my pumping volumes. If I try I give him the other breast, he gets really fussy. He stops rooting so I assume he's full. He also falls asleep a lot when feeding. If I keep him awake, he stays awake for 10 hrs and doesn't nap, so I just let him sleep.

My girl nod rarely takes two boobs per feed. She generally only takes two boobs before bed.

My girl nod rarely takes two boobs per feed. She generally only takes two boobs before bed.

Does your other side get uncomfortable? I got a plugged duct yesterday from it.

Also, he nurses so short on that size and I can still pump 2 oz after. I'm worried he's not eating enough

Not now my milk has regulated but I used to hand express some off one side to make it more comfortable. I got a blocked duct when I got engorged - make sure you massage your boobs in the shower daily. This is also a good time to hand express any off.

Thanks. Today he is only eating a quarter as usual. I don't think he's getting more efficient with sucking because afterwards I can pump the full amount almost. I have to pump otherwise my breast gets painfully full (he'll used to take both every 3 hrs and now he takes 1 breast for half the time every 3-4 hours). Is this a nursing strike!?! When I try to bring him to the breast more, he arches his back and cries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->