Baby Fever?

Ladybug2001

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to start off by saying that I am 21, my boyfriend of a year and a half is 23. We are trying to play it smart, get great jobs (he is in school and I have a full time stable job with benefits), be married, everything wonderful before having kids.

I am on birth control and we use the pull out method. Even so, every month around a week before my period is due I find myself just wishing to be pregnant. Its horrible. I know financially we are not ready. How do I get over this constant nag?

:wave: hi!
Welcome to the b&b and the wtt board! I think you'll find that many of us on here are experiencing something similar. My DH and I (25 and 26) are wtt for our first and it has been what feels like a very long wait! Waiting for graduate programs, waiting for better financial situations, etc. Something someone on this board said that stuck with me was that we're expressing love for our future children by doing all these things to prepare ourselves and our homes for their arrival. I do have a few things I could share that have helped me in the wait. I don't know if that feeling is something you'll really 'get over', necessarily. The feeling will probably be stronger at some times than others, but what has helped me are the following:
-Talking with DH to get an idea of the time frame for starting our family, even if it's a rough estimate. That gave me something tangible to look forward to, prepare for and count down to.
-learn as muuuuch as I could about pregnancy and birth and the type of birth experience id like to have. This way, I can set goals in the here and now (ie get and stay in optimum shape to increase my chances of having a home birth) and I can learn what options I have available in the area/ with my insurance plan.
-take the waiting time to do things you love and want to do before having a baby. DH and I have been packing our summer with fun and free local activities. This also helps pass the time and gives you things to look forward to.
-on days when it got to be too much and I was so upset about having to wait that I was feeling miserable, I had to take a step back and re-center myself. It really helps to try to stay present even thought there are things to look forward to. For me, it was prayer, meditation, exercise and yoga that brought me back into peace with my present circumstances.

Hope that helps!!:flower:

EarthyLove gave some great advice! :flower:

I just wanted to say that when I was 21 I felt the same as you. I'm 28 now and still waiting. So as difficult as it is... it can be done. :flower:

Please feel free to message me to chat if you ever like! I know it can be hard to find people who truly understand your feelings, especially when you are so young. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->