• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby food...

luckyme225

Reaction score
I started baby cereal because my doctor suggested it and no bad reactions or anything so far. In the next month I'm going to be starting vegetables purees and I was wondering which vegetables you LO liked best and didn't have a bad reactions from eating it. I know every baby is different but I was just curious to see if there was one in particular babies normally do good with. Thanks ladies :)

Sweet potatoes : loves it, no reaction

Carrots: loves it, no reaction

Peas: LOOOOVES it, but it gives him diarrhea.

Good luck hun ! xx

Coltons already on stage 2 foods; but as far as stage 1 basic foods he has had:
Sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas - all of which he loves
green beans - HATES.
He's never had any reactions to veggies.

As far as fruits though he had:
bananas, applesauce, peaches, pears, prunes.
Pears took him awhile to like; he didn't like them at first and still wont eat them half the time.
Prunes gave him diarhhea (although they do with most babies :shrug:), and I dont give him them anymore!

I was told by my ped to start with orange veggies, then greens. Then fruits.

Erica has had:
Carrots-likes a lot, no reaction.
squash-likes, no reaction.
sweet potatoes-likes, no reaction.
peas-liked a lot, but got an upset tummy.
green beans-likes, no reaction.

Apples-likes, no reaction.
pears-likes, no reaction.
bananas-loves, no reaction.
peaches-likes, no reaction.
nectarines-likes, no reaction.
blueberries-likes, no reaction.
raspberries-likes, no reaction.
strawberries-likes, no reaction.

I will be giving her avocado and blackberries to try this week and see how she does. Basically the only thing that worried me were the peas, cause she was throwing up later that night. Might not have been related, but we have held off giving her any more of them for now. Good luck with weaning, it can be a lot of fun to introduce them to new foods, I love Erica's little expression everytime she gets something new. She sits there and ponders whether she likes it or not like a food critic lol!

Do you plan on making Connor's food?

I hope to make baby food but on the days Connor is not home we will probably do organic baby food jars. Thanks for your chart, it was very helpful, time to start one of my own :happydance:

Nothing to add, sorry - Sam's tried pretty much everything in BurtonBaby's list, eats anything I give him and has had no reaction to anything! Just wanted to say your new avatar is gorgeous! x

I hope to make baby food but on the days Connor is not home we will probably do organic baby food jars. Thanks for your chart, it was very helpful, time to start one of my own :happydance:

I've been making Noah's baby food and I use a book called Fresh Baby
www.freshbaby.com

Nothing to add, sorry - Sam's tried pretty much everything in BurtonBaby's list, eats anything I give him and has had no reaction to anything! Just wanted to say your new avatar is gorgeous! x

Your Sam is such a cutie as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->