baby girl arrived safely on due date 18/08/2011

reversal

a happy family at last
Reaction score
my positive birth story of our chilled out baby girl zuri
I was due to have my baby on 18/08/2011 (exactlly a year to the day when I was in hospital having a mc) so hard to explain but I just knew my baby girl would be born on her due date (our angels birthday).

I woke at 6.15am having contractions 3 mins apart and lasting 20-30 seconds, took 2 paracetamol (did nothing at all) went in the bath (got out a few times to have my clear out tmi) and contractions went to 4-5 mins apart lasting 1 - 1 1/2 mins,, I bounced on my ball while I rang the hospital they said with it being my third baby it was up to myself what I wanted to do, I asked if I could go in to get checked and if I wasn't very far along I would like to go home they agreed and told me to make my way to labour ward,

left for the hospital and dropped our two boys off at mil,
got to the hospital at 8.25am and was taking to a delivery room the midwife asked me a few questions then asked me to do a water sample, when I tried to do the sample there was a little gush then a small but steady trickle, I had an internal examination (worse pain than labour and delivery) at 8.50am and told I was 8cm dilated and the gush had been the start of my waters breaking and baby was back to back, I got off the bed sat on the ball then stood up as I felt a contraction I felt the urge to push that was 9.07am and after three pushes baby was born at 9.08am with gas and air, it happened so quick the midwife caught the baby in one hand and the cord snapped so she had that in the other hand
I had a tear which they said was so small it was not worth a stitch,
my worse part of labour/delivery was the internal just before the birth and just after (when they check for damage) pain was unbearable
The contractions, pushing crowning ect was fine as I felt I was getting somewhere so the pain didnt really matter

my labour was 2hr52mins for 1st stage,,, 1 min second stage and 12 mins third stage (to deliver the placenta)
I was moved to the postnatal ward at 12.30pm we had to wait for the doc to come check over zuri and we were dicharged at 6.20pm
zuri's apga was 9 at 1 mins and 10 at 5 mins she weighed 8lb 14 oz and she is such a chilled out baby :cloud9:

good luck to all :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Attachments

• DSCF5014.jpg
    DSCF5014.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5040.jpg
    DSCF5040.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF5045.jpg
    DSCF5045.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 16
She is beautiful - and what a great story. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->