Baby girl Name...I need your Opinions!

americanhoney

Reaction score
So the DH and I have decided on Brynn for her first name but have had the hardest time with a middle name.

I came across Eliana last night and fell in love with that name but I'm trying to decide on the spelling. We want it pronounced like Ellie-Anna
No Elli-AH-nah. Does that make sense?

These are the two spellings I'm deciding between: Ellyanna or Ellianna.
Which would would make you say Anna over AH-nah more?

P.S. God promised us this little girl last summer after praying (We are believers) and the name means "The Lord has Responded" & "God has answered my Prayers." So that really had me hooked! :cloud9:

I agree, I think the i will make it think of Ellie so they'll pronouce it that way and anna is just anna so more likely you'll get the pronounciation you want with the i

Congratulations!! The Lord is so faithful!!! Personally I think Elianna makes sense with pronunciation. It really is up to you though;) oh and I love te name Brynn! So pretty! Love the meaning!!!

I agree, I think the i will make it think of Ellie so they'll pronouce it that way and anna is just anna so more likely you'll get the pronounciation you want with the i

Thank you! Hearing your thoughts makes me feel better!!
So her full name would be Brynn Ellianna Barefoot.

Does that sound feminine/girly?

Congratulations!! The Lord is so faithful!!! Personally I think Elianna makes sense with pronunciation. It really is up to you though;) oh and I love te name Brynn! So pretty! Love the meaning!!!

Ohh thank you from one believer to another! Great is thy faithfulness!! We are over the moon and can't hardly wait to meet our daughter in July!

We have really prayed that God would name her by the means of giving us a peace about it. I had complete peace when I saw this name last night. Brynn also means Breat heights and my prayer is that she will do great things for The Lord!

Elianna is beautiful. :)

How do you pronounce her first name?

This thread lit up my night!!! :) I'm also a strong believer and am so excited to read of others too!! God has been so faithful to me and my hubby!!
We have a sweet girl in our youth right now named Brynne.. she is beautiful and I love that name!!! I love the name you've chosen and think it sounds feminine and strong!! Blessings upon you and your family!!! :)

Elianna is beautiful. :)

How do you pronounce her first name?

Thank you so much! It's not a common name I know but I ran across it and I adore the meaning. Brynn is pronounced like Brin. Hope that helps! Wish I could say it out loud. :winkwink:

Ohh thank you from one believer to another! Great is thy faithfulness!! We are over the moon and can't hardly wait to meet our daughter in July!

We have really prayed that God would name her by the means of giving us a peace about it. I had complete peace when I saw this name last night. Brynn also means Breat heights and my prayer is that she will do great things for The Lord!

I like Ellieanna would encourage the most correct pronunciations though there are always going to people who insist on saying names wrong! At least this is a middle name so it won't be said too often. And I really like the name Brynn!

I love choosing names with meaning. We had picked our son's name just because we liked the sound of it but later learned it mean "God is our judge" or even "God is just". I had found it fitting. But even more fitting was that Daniel survived the lion's den and with such a complicated pregnancy I could just imagine the angels in my womb shutting the lions' mouths to protect my son (the complications were with my body not working properly).

Because of that we are going with another Bible name for our daughter: Hannah Faith. We want her name to be a testimony of what He has done for us.

This thread lit up my night!!! :) I'm also a strong believer and am so excited to read of others too!! God has been so faithful to me and my hubby!!
We have a sweet girl in our youth right now named Brynne.. she is beautiful and I love that name!!! I love the name you've chosen and think it sounds feminine and strong!! Blessings upon you and your family!!! :)

Thank you and so happy for you! What a blessing!! :) Your naming your daughter Hannah, right? That is beautiful. I definitely think God gives us discernment in choosing our child's name and nothing or anyone can interfere with that. I've had opinions on our girl name but I truly believe this is the name Hod had chosen for our sweet girl.

When I got pregnant this time I prayed hard for a smooth pregnancy and that the baby would grow everyday in my womb. In praying for a daughter I had to make sure it wasn't for selfish reasons or to have girly materialistic things. I knew God would have to trust my husband and I to raise our daughter up in his word, in a Christian home and great church community. I heard a sermon this past Sunday from The a Summit church in Raleigh, NC and the pastor was saying how our children really aren't ours. Our responsibility is to raise them up to be warriors for God's mission and to claim the next generation for God's kingdom. God has kept his promises to us and I'm beyond amazed and thankful! :hugs:

I like Ellieanna would encourage the most correct pronunciations though there are always going to people who insist on saying names wrong! At least this is a middle name so it won't be said too often. And I really like the name Brynn!

I love choosing names with meaning. We had picked our son's name just because we liked the sound of it but later learned it mean "God is our judge" or even "God is just". I had found it fitting. But even more fitting was that Daniel survived the lion's den and with such a complicated pregnancy I could just imagine the angels in my womb shutting the lions' mouths to protect my son (the complications were with my body not working properly).

Because of that we are going with another Bible name for our daughter: Hannah Faith. We want her name to be a testimony of what He has done for us.

Thanks for your input on the name! That's a good thought :)

You are speaking truth about Daniel and the lion's den and how we have to lean on our faith and trust The Lord in all circumstances. I've had a lot of spotting this pregnancy, cramping, UTI...it's been scary but I still believe god will take us all the way and we will have a full term healthy baby girl at the end. He is faithful!! :hugs:

Lovely name, my favourite spelling is Elianna (1 L not 2)

Beautiful name :) but I may be a bit biased! My 7 year old is named Elliana. When I found out we were expecting again, after 3 boys back to back and a m/c, I prayed, His will be done, please a healthy little girl! Next day, I was flipping through a baby name book and it literally opened to the name Elliana, and it's meaning, it was like jumping out at me! I knew right away I was having a girl and she'd be Elliana, because God had answered our prayer. :D

So, anyways, we pronounce it Ellie-AH-na...and so does everyone else, even if they just see it written. We've never met anyone with the name, it is very unusual in our area, but not trendy and made up sounding, you know? IMO, if you are looking for Ellie-Anna pronunciation, I would not spell it the way we did - maybe Elianna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->