Baby girl Name...I need your Opinions!

Beautiful name :) but I may be a bit biased! My 7 year old is named Elliana. When I found out we were expecting again, after 3 boys back to back and a m/c, I prayed, His will be done, please a healthy little girl! Next day, I was flipping through a baby name book and it literally opened to the name Elliana, and it's meaning, it was like jumping out at me! I knew right away I was having a girl and she'd be Elliana, because God had answered our prayer. :D

So, anyways, we pronounce it Ellie-AH-na...and so does everyone else, even if they just see it written. We've never met anyone with the name, it is very unusual in our area, but not trendy and made up sounding, you know? IMO, if you are looking for Ellie-Anna pronunciation, I would not spell it the way we did - maybe Elianna?

Aww that really made me smile :) So happy for you and Thank you!
Thank you for your insight as well! Yea, I like Elianna sp. My nephew is Eli so the Eli in Elianna really sticks out to me and I guess that's why I've stayed away from that spelling. If that would offer the best pronunciation
Though then that's what I'm looking for. :thumbup:

:)

Looking at the name, I think to get the Anna instead of AH-na, you just need to go with the double N. "Ellie" can be Elly, Eli, or anything, lots of options there!
I think the first name you've chosen goes really well, very pretty name!

:)

Looking at the name, I think to get the Anna instead of AH-na, you just need to go with the double N. "Ellie" can be Elly, Eli, or anything, lots of options there!
I think the first name you've chosen goes really well, very pretty name!

Oh thank you so much for your help and input! I so greatly appreciate it. I think I may need to write her name down several times with different spellings and go from there! :)
I'm definitely going to do the double n though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->