Baby girl names opinion

Bex84

Reaction score
Me and dh have been discussing baby names (a bit early lol but I am feeling yuck and is cheering me up) we decided boys name last pregnancy and love Freddy John as name will be after my granddad and my dh's brother who has died, I would probably do Frederick on birth certificate. We were discussing girls names and came up with

Annabelle
Ava
Alexandra
Grace
Elsie
Meghan

We want the middle name Ruth after my mum
My little girls name is Josephine Charlotte and she is usually called Josie. I love traditional names so any other ideas feel free to add, just want something that goes well with Josie. My dh is incredibly fussy lol, I was a teacher (sahm now) and he is so we both connect certain names to children we have taught. I would love to hear peoples opinions

in order of favorite to least favorite:

1) Elsie
2) Ava
3) Annabelle
4) Meghan (I prefer is Megan)
5) Alexandra (I prefer Alexi)
6) Grace

Elsie is by far the best name imho and goes lovely with Josie

Annabelle also goes nice with Josephine - nicknames = Annie and Josie - this one goes best over all

the others dont fit or flow as well imho

Ava and Elsie go best with Ruth IMO. Both sound very lovely

I'm the same, I used to be a swimming teacher and there are so many names that I remember yelling across the pool at the kids that weren't listening so I can't use those names for kids of my own!
I like Annabelle Ruth but I really like Grace with Josie. JMO I'm not keen on having names that rhyme, rather ones that sort of compliment each other.

Ava and annabelle are my fav but think ava goes better with ruth

Favorite to least favorite is Grace, Annabelle (although I prefer the spelling of Annabel), Ava, Alexandra, Meghan (although I prefer the spelling of Megan), and Elsie.

I like Annabelle and Elsie. Some traditional names I like:

Georgia
Clara
Eleanor
Alice
Evelyn
Agatha
Matilda
Winnifred
Marjorie

Here is how I see them in order of preference:

Meghan (prefer the spelling "Megan")
Annabelle
Alexandra
Ava
Elsie
Grace

Grace isn't a bad name, but I don't think it flows well with Ruth as a second name because they are both single-syllable. Megan is by far my favourite, I just find it timeless and pretty. The rest are good choices too though.

Other timeless names:
Lucie
Scarlett
Jennifer
Nancy
Laura

Thanks for all the replys. Dh prefers annabel at the moment. At least we have a list lol. With the suggestions most were actually on my list and dh didnt like, he is very fussy

I like Elsie Rutg to go woth sister Josi

Just throwing another name in to mix to see what people think. I adore the name amelia but worry its to popular, i did consider it for dd its also my great grandmother so name would be amelia ruth, what do you think. I also like shortenings of milly and amy

Just throwing another name in to mix to see what people think. I adore the name amelia but worry its to popular, i did consider it for dd its also my great grandmother so name would be amelia ruth, what do you think. I also like shortenings of milly and amy

I love that name however one of my DD's good friends is Amelia and they call her Emmy for short. It's pretty and if it has a significant meaning considering its your great grandmothers name I'd consider it.

My dh loves it and i know family does to. I know my grandma would especially love it so think we may go for it if we do have girl. Thanks for reply :)

My dh loves it and i know family does to. I know my grandma would especially love it so think we may go for it if we do have girl. Thanks for reply :)

You're welcome! And I think they actually spelt it Emilia, that's how they got Emmy out of it. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->