Baby Girl names?

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but we're really struggling with picking out names!
By now I'd already had DD's name chosen - Aoife-Mai. I still love it, though I regret the hyphenated because it's suddenly become really common.
We would like something different, although nothing too out-there. Something easy to spell, because we've learned from 'Aoife-Mai' how annoying 'and how do you spell/pronounce that' is when you're asked it over and over.
Preferably nothing that sounds similar to 'Aoife' (Ee-fah), though may consider it.

I liked Emelia (Milly for short), Madison (Maddie for short), and Imogen, but DH isn't too sure, and now I'm not too sure either. We've gone through so many websites but I get bored and give up!
I've been struggling to bond with baby, and would love to find her name to help the bond grow.

My favourite name right now is Eilidh, I'm not sure if everyone knows how to spell/prounounce it though!? Other names I like are-

Lily
Hannah
Alice
Imogen
Isla
Freya
Alannah
Hallie
Harriet
Emily
Ayla :)

We are thinking about calling baby Ada if it is a girl. Also like Elsie and Lilah.

I got few names for girls
Shannon
Grace
Alice
Rosie
Want something simple but not everyday

Aoife is really unusual. I've never heard it but it's lovely. Is it Irish Galic by chance?

My top pick for baby though would have to be Quinn, Hayden or Charli. There are quite a few names I like but those I love. Strangely enough, none of those are our picked name if we ever have a girl though. :haha:

My favourite name right now is Eilidh, I'm not sure if everyone knows how to spell/prounounce it though!? Other names I like are-

Lily
Hannah
Alice
Imogen
Isla
Freya
Alannah
Hallie
Harriet
Emily
Ayla :)

Oh I love Eilidh! It’s prmounced Ailey isn’t it? Like Hailey without the H? Gosh I could imagine all of the attempts you’d get on that one though!

Wackymumof2, yeah it’s Irish Gealic 😍 I love it, such a pretty name. It’s a shame hyphenating names has become very common because I feel it cheapens it a little now :( I also LOVE Quinn but hubby said no lol

Candyem I love Ada. That’s so pretty.

Bassit- they’re nice names but I know someone with each of those names.

Ugh naming children is hard!

Yes that's it! I'm in Scotland where everyone knows it but I don't know if it's common knowledge outside of Scotland/Ireland. :dohh:

Don't worry it will come to you. Ive had a list going for weeks... And thought I was totally set on my top choices. Then out of the blue I remembered the name Cosette. It means victor of the people. So strong and meaningful. And then I could sing her Castle On A Cloud from Les Mis, my favorite musical ever. Now... I am almost settled on it. Other names I have been considering are...
Nova
Luna
Stella
Delilah
Aurora
Phoebe
Chloe
Aria
Arabella
Scarlett

I am verrrrry into names meanings... And obviously attracted to names of a musical and astrological meaning. I also am considering hyphenating if I have a daughter. My name is hyphenated, and I have very rarely met anyone else with a hyphenated first name. To me its almost like having a Jr.

Im pregnant and we going with Ava for a girl and Ollie (Oliver) for a boy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->