Baby grinding his teeth!

AmandaBanana

Reaction score
My lo is 6 1/2 months. He has his two lower, 4 upper and is getting some more teeth in.
He grinds them!
Now I'm not just talking light rubbing together. It sounds like he is grinding sand between them.
It's a horrible sound and I want to know if this is normal or if I should be worried about damage?

It's really normal. They all go through of phase of this at some point I think. It used to freak my husband out so much he would have to leave the room though! Best thing to do is just to ignore it and not react, or it might become more of a habit just to see you make a funny face or get your attention. It will pass when the novelty wears off!

My son grinded his teeth for a period of time, like previous poster said...best thing to do is ignore it. If they see a rise out of you they may continue to do it just to get the reaction

My baby started doing this at around 8months and it really made me cringe! I couldn't listen to it so I would put my finger or a teething toy between his teeth and he would stop then. He still did it every so often for a few months but he is 11 months now and doesn't do it anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->