baby has loads of wind

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
anyone else had trouble with there baby having loads of wind everytime i breastfeed him he starts making funny noises after 15 mins and clenching up like he has wind i do start winding him and it helps a bit but he still carrys on making like a groaning noise for ages after i feed him, ive tryed using infacol but he still does it, any advice cos he keeps me awake so much at night ? xxx

Have you tried massaging his belly?

Another thing you can do is push his feet up to his chest, especially towards the opposite arm. It really works.

Kaya had this problem for a while, but they do grow out of it as they learn to wind themselves.

Belly massages definately works for Josh. Also I use something called homeocan colic it's natural and it does wonders... not sure if you have it over there though.

i had the same problem with kira that she had lots of wind, she has only started settling down with her wind, but i've changed her forumla which seems to have help loads atimal and i used gripe water as well

yep we had that here too, no amount of infacol done the trick. It kept me awake all night but they do grow out of it. Thats no comfort to you right now though.

soooo know where your coming from xxx

Rhiannon suffered for 9 weeks, and nothing i did seemed to ease it untill i switched to Dr Browns bottles, now she isnt doubled up and i dont buy infacol/gripe water and im not spending hours winding her either, she usually has all her wind up withing the hour of her feed...

they do grow out of it too X

Erica also had lots of gas. We got Little Tummies Gas Relief, and that helped. We switched to using only the Dr. Browns glass and polypropylene bottles. They are amazing! They helped with gas and spit up (it says it helps colic too, but luckily we haven't had that problem!) And they are BPA free! Tummy massages help, and giving a little extra tummy time I've heard.

Just to say that Kaya's breastfed as well, so we didn't have to option of changing bottles/formula. You just have to persevere I'm afraid

Have you tried massaging his belly?

Another thing you can do is push his feet up to his chest, especially towards the opposite arm. It really works.

the health visiter just mentioned massaging his belly i hadnt heard of that b4 will give it a try xxx

thanks everyone , hopefully hel grow out of it soon lol but looks like il just have to deal with it and try the belly rubbing xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->