baby has only slept for about 30-40 mins in total today-is this normal?

porkypig

Reaction score
im so tired as lo has hardly slept today, ive got nothing done and had no rest, how am i going to keep this up? surely this isnt right for a 5 week old baby? xx:cry::cry:

most of my days are like this! Archie sleeps aout 8 hours at night, in two blocks of time then rarely sleps for more than 30 mins at a time during the day, he's knackered and screaming the house down by early evening and i gave into a dummy yesterday as he was fighting sleep so much. I too get nothing done on these days. For once he's slept for 2.5hours today and managed to iron, which felt like a miracle.

my LO has days like that. He'll sleep for ten mins and then wake up. When he was 4/5 weeks it felt like he'd stay awake for 24 hours with little sleep then sleep most of the next 24 hours. i felt like he had his own 48 hour body clock...he's stopped doing it now. but still get days where he hardly sleeps

it can be swings and roundabouts for the first few weeks...rest asure it wont last forever. are you getting him in a routine or letting him lead?

All the health visitors and midwives have told us not to do a routine until the 6 weeks is up

Letting him lead during the day but trying to establish a routine for the night, for example, 7:30pm bath, 8pm bottle then bed and he usually wakes up around 1;30-2am than at 5am etc, im not sure what the best routine to have during the day? what can anyone suggest?? xx

Daisy feeds from the breast not the bottle, also bathtime for us has to be in the mornings or day. Bathing her at night stresses her out so much she gets really wound up and won't sleep.

my lo is also 5 wks and had a day like this 2 days ago! Shes been back to normal since then though. Not sure if she was having a growth spurt as she was feeding a lot too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->