Baby in cot? Own room or yours?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
When did your LO go from mose to cot? & when was baby in his/her own room?

Again just curious :D

Jack was around 3/4 months when i moved him from basket to cot, that was when he went in his own room
Did the same with Emily as well

Charlie was about 3 months when she went in to her cot, which was in our room due to lack of space. She was in our room til she was a year old! She got her new room when we moved house.

Adam sleeps in a mosses basket during the day downstairs but his cotbed at night in our bedroom.

He will sleep in with us untill at least 6 months, if he is sleeping through by then he will share with Coby, if he isnt then he stays with us untill either he hits a year old or sleeps through before that

x

Ours were in their cotbed straight away... easier for us though because they shared and so it was cosy for them to snuggle up together.

They went into their own room as soon as they started sleeping through at 10 weeks. We found that we all got a better night's sleep as a result. I know the advice is 6 months, but I think we'd be going mad with them still in the room with us.

Kabes in his own cotbed in a room with Izzie now, we want them to get used to each other etc and as of yet we havnt come across any probs apart from getting Kabe in bed without waking Izzie up lol

Thomas started to get too big for the moses basket around 3 months so for a couple of weeks he was in his cot in our room but he's a very noisy sleeper. Always turning from side to side, grunting, sighing etc.
So we put him in his own room from around 4 months and haven't looked back since.
He gets a better nights sleep without us creeping around and we get a better night sleep.

And his cot is on the same wall as our bed so we can hear him cough or mumble to himself even without the monitor.

Cx

Willow was 6 weeks when we moved her in to her own room and she had pretty much outgrown her moses basket so we put her in her cot a few days later

although we're still TTC, DH and i were talking about whether we should clear the extra room and convert it to a nursery or have the baby stay in our room. I said the baby should have its own room (that's what i am used to) but he has very strong feelings that the baby should stay in the parents room, that's the way his family has always done it. His little brother (who was 4 when i first met him) slept in the PARENTS BED until he was 8 years old...i don't think i can handle that!

we occasionally wake up with the 8 yr old in our bed, along with the 4 yr old...and the 2 yr old...and then Izzie n Kabe too lol, its chaos haha, but theres no way i think i'd allow him to stay in our bed if it wasnt under the circumstances it is. no way will izzie and kabe be in our bed by then

Callum sleeps in his cot now, he wouldnt settle in his moses basket so had to put him in his cot. But he's still in our room.

Ewan went in to his own room at 2 weeks, he was in his cotbed, but sleeping in the moses basket untill aboout 6-10 weeks

Moses to cot - about 3-4 months if I remember correctly. Own room lol, having a laugh.. when we get our own place but if we did have our own place id still have waited til she was a year old!

Alfie is still with us, as I am waiting on a nursery! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->