baby is back to back

I laboured and delivered my daughter back too back felt all the pain in my back and nowhere else. Don't get me wrong it hurt (like any labour does) but it can be done. I was pushing for a few hours but I think this was partly to do with my bladder being full too. It can be done don't worry x

Do you have a doula or other professional birth support attending? (besides your physician/midwife) I highly recommend hiring someone, if not; they'll have all the natural pain relief solutions that make an unmedicated birth possible.

Have you checked the Spinning Babies website? It's a little hard to navigate but has great advice on turning a posterior baby.

This was about to be my suggestion! Definitely check Spinning Babies. I was completely unaware of their site with my last pregnancy, but am completely addicted this pregnancy. I'm employing a number of their techniques to try and engage DDs head... (A little - or a lot - tired of contracting and slowly dilating with no baby to speak of!) Good luck on getting that babe turned!!

My baby was back to back.....the pain was all in my back and not one in my stomach. I made it on just laughing gas. I laboured at home as long as I could and then spent the rest of the night on all fours in a tub and OH blasted my back with hot water while I huffed gas during contractions and I totally made it! Can't recommend enough if you have access to a shower head. Hot as you can stand it.
My labour was pretty quick and doable....

The worst thing to do in labour is feel worried you 'can't' do it. You can! :hugs:

I've noticed that all my bh today the pain I feel is in my back while my front tightens so it's starting to make me worry. This morning I was grumbling in the shower so DH actually sprayed my back with the shower head and it felt pretty fabulous :)

Usually I feel a pretty good "can do" attitude, but lately I've been starting to get a little nervous.

I laboured and delivered my daughter back too back felt all the pain in my back and nowhere else. Don't get me wrong it hurt (like any labour does) but it can be done. I was pushing for a few hours but I think this was partly to do with my bladder being full too. It can be done don't worry x

Oh dear, how could you do it with a full bladder? I'm peeing so much because sometimes a bh will make me think I have to pee, I go to the toilet and only a tiny dribble comes out:dohh: So annoying!

Do you have a doula or other professional birth support attending? (besides your physician/midwife) I highly recommend hiring someone, if not; they'll have all the natural pain relief solutions that make an unmedicated birth possible.

We can't afford a doula, I haven't been able to find one anywhere near us for under $1k and that just can't be done. So it will be DH, our midwife and their assistant.

The spinning babies site makes me feel so guilty over slouching! I've been doing good about sitting up straight and even leaning forward a bit. But tonight I'm so pooped out from all the family gatherings I have my feet up on a foot rest and a slight slouch...:blush:

I had b2b with DD. It was intensely painful lasting 43 hours and ended in emcs. Don't mean to scare you. I know a lot of people say it can be done much more easily than that and a lot of the time the baby turns into the correct position in labour anyway.

However, I would take steps now to try to get baby to turn. Look at the spinning babies website. Get a birthing ball and lean over it swaying your hips side to side and body rocking front to back, several times a day for 30 mins at a time or when watching tv etc. No lounging or reclining on the sofa. Keep knees below hips. If knees are above hip level it encourages them into b2b position. The uterus is like a hammock suspended in the pelvis by the round ligaments so if you recline too much then baby tends to lie back in a nice and comfy position in its hammock! Also sleep on your left side with left leg straight and right leg bent over the left leg.

I am doing yoga exercises 2-3 times a day at the moment to encourage a good position. On all fours I do 20 figure of eights, 20 rocking back and forth, 20 cat/cows and standing up I do 20 pelvic scoops. Knackering but this baby will NOT be b2b this time im determined!!!

I know when I was pregnant wih my daughter I was weeing every ten mins but when you're in labour so much is going on down there you can't feel when you need to wee. So that's why I didn't know! Xx

My first was back to back....36 hr labor turned into emcs. :nope: It was very painful but I assume all labor is. Tried all the suggestions to turn baby but mine was stubborn!

I really hope to avoid an emcs and the super long labors you ladies had to do :( I do hands and knees as well as using my birth boll to rock my hips for a minimum of 10 minutes multiple times a day.

Lucky for me the left side is the only one I can sleep on, when I roll onto my right I get awful heart burn. I like your routine of yoga poses, I'll have to start these as well! I want this LO turned!

Ok people freak out about back to back but honestly most babies turn in Labour. My second was back to back and remained that way until Labour where he turned. The pain was very manageable.I don't remember having back pain in Labour either. I used a tens for most of it and then the pool and gas and air at the end. It took a little longer pushing him out than it should have and they were keen to transfer me from birthing unit to consultant led for forceps but I did manageit and he was almost 110lbs too so making it even harder. This baby is now back to back at 36 weeks and I've been having back pain this time but I'm not particularly worried. Midwife told me this time to sleep and lay on the side the baby is laying. This baby is laying on the left side so I sleep on that side apparently it encourages them to continue turning round. Try not to worry. Some people have more pain with a back to back Labour in that case there is always an epidural. Understandably it's not the natural Labour most people want but if you're really struggling with the pain it's an option xx

My first was back to back and I had no idea till I was ready to push. You will be okay :hugs: I had just G&A and coped okay so try not to worry x

I had a back to back baby and for me, she wouldn't budge. Labour was hard and ended in forceps but I don't think that's anything to do with her been back to back as I've read a lot of stories on people birthing back to back babies and they've done it perfectly so no reason why you shouldn't :)

My sister had a back to back baby and had a very natural labour and birth.

I haven't read all the comments but I read that apparently it is quite common for babies to start labour back to back. Most of them turn during labour and no one even realises they were back to back. Babies are suposed to do some rotating during labour it just means that they have to do a bit extra which can make early or middle labour take a bit longer. It tends to be more of a problem for induced labours because your body is not in control of the contractions so can't allow baby to turn. There are positions that are suposed to help during labour for baby to turn so it might be worth to check that. Of course there are some babies that just won't turn and are born back to back but some babies that start labour in the 'perfect' position end up back to back too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->