Baby is transverse - "spinning babies"?

PotatoChip

Reaction score
I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow, and baby has been comfortably lying in a transverse position for the past, oh, two months or so. She moves around a lot (kicking, rolling, etc.), but seems to have really settled into this transverse position. My midwives aren't worried yet and say there's still plenty of time for her to move into position, but... I want to start researching my options for encouraging her to move...just in case.

So--does anyone have reassuring anecdotes, or experience with various baby-moving techniques? I just recently came across Spinning Babies--has anyone tried this approach?

At my next appointment, I'll ask my acupuncturist about moxibustion (which is supposed to be effective at encouraging breech babies to turn), and I know if nothing else, there's the option of trying an inversion later on. But if there are other things I could be trying in the meantime to avoid an inversion, it's worth a shot!

Thanks in advance :)

Hey! I don't have an encouraging story, but I am in the same boat as you! My baby is Frank Breech (feet by his head) and I've been doing a few of the things from star spinning babies site. So far it hasn't worked but I've heard that some babies wait until the last minute to flip :)

31 weeks gives tons of time for baby to move on its own. Chances are that baby will still flip and anything you try this early will be remedied by baby's desire for comfort shortly after! I've heard some good things about the methods on spinning babies though if you find baby still hasn't flipped in a few weeks. Mine's a full-on breech and I should probably try a few of their tricks more often just in case.

My husband was apparently a transverse baby until 38 weeks before he flipped to head-down on his own (he was 9lbs at birth too!). You never know what they'll do :)

My baby was transverse for a while, I think it went head down at around 32 weeks by itself. There's still time x

Thanks for the reassurance! I will try to be patient for a few more weeks and let baby do her thing... :)

My friend had a baby who was delivered by C section because she was transverse, whilst that may not sound very encouraging, she was told that it's very unusual for babies to stay that way. Apparently only one or two percent of babies are transverse at delivery and they are less likely to stay that way than breech babies so I'd say there is every chance your LO will move for you.

My little man was transverse up until 34 weeks and then breech. Midwife advised a section as he's my first and there estimating he'll be over 9lbs but the night before my position scan last week he turned! I did have quite energetic sex the night he turned so could have been that. He's now head down and very much engaged:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->