Baby Isla 9-10-10

shel030785

Mummy & Expecting #2
Reaction score
Very pleased to annouce the arrival of Isla Grace!
9 oct 2010 2.41pm after 23hrs of Labour then an emergency c-section!

Its a very long story so ill bullet point the main bits

*4.30pm on fri 8th feel a pop in the bath, water went hazey- waters gone, got out of the bath and whooosh! more waters all over the bathroom floor!
*4.45pm rang maternity unit and they told me to go in, waited for hubby to come home from work and headed to hospital
*6pm at hospital midwife confirmed that it was indeed my waters, did blood pressure, pulse etc, and then sent me home asking me to keep an eye on the colour of my waters and to take my temp every couple of hours, and to ring back when i started contracting.
*10pm was having regular contractions which i found some were feeling pretty painful so rang back and they told me to go back in, When i got to the hospital she did a internal and told me i was 1/2 a cm!!!! I wanted to cry! she then told me to go home and rest and try get some sleep, how anyone could sleep when there in that much pain i will never know! I think the midwife could see the horror in my eyes and offered me a tense machine which to me felt as much use as a chocolate fire guard!
*10pm-5am worse 7hrs of my life! in and out of the bath 4 times, pacing up and down, screaming, crying, rocking in a ball on the floor! while hubby went to bed!
*5am Hubby said enough is enough and drove me back to hospital. i couldnt dress mysel so he had to, i went to hosp in a vest and joggers, he clearly didnt think to put a bra or knickers on me!
when i arrived they gave me an internal and said 'wow you did well to stay home till now your 8cm!' i was overjoyed that id finally got somewhere, and then she gave me GAS AND AIR wooo!!!!
From 5am onwards i was in the bath then got into the birthing pool but never seemed to progress. day light slowly came round and inbetween contractions i was falling asleep i was that tired, they made me get out of the pool as baby was getting distressed and nothing was happening
*12pm 9th Oct 2010 They then decided that after all that time i wasnt getting anywhere so transfered me to a bigger hospital in our closest city. The rest was a blur
*High speed ambulance with blue flashing lights and everything
*over hearing the doctor mentioning C-section
*hubby dressed in scrubs
*having to sign a consent form when i was off my head on gas and air
*Being awake and feeling the weirdest sensations, my hands shook that much
*next thing 2.41 pm screaming baby, hubby crying his eyes out

Very traumatic but also the best thing ever!
Isla is worth every second of the pain xxx

Masssive congratulations and what a great name! well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"