Baby Jack is here, long story and pictures

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey Girls,

Well where do i start lol

well jack was due on the 27th of Aug and on friday 22th i started having contraction at 5 in the evening, my partner came home from work and i told him what was happening, we then started to time when they werent in any sort of patten so we stayed at home and tryed to wait it out. OH and i went to bed to try and sleep he got to sleep but i didnt i was up all night with contraction, OH got up at 4 and the contractions were coming every 4-5mins and lasting over a min, we gave the hospital a call and they said come in,

Got to the hospital and the mid-wife checked me over and said i hadnt dilated at all and that i would just have to go home and wait it out, i really couldnt believe it, i had been having contraction for 12hours and nothing i just wanted to cry, so got home sat morning at 7am and i went to bed, slowly my contraction had worn off,

Had a little sleep til 4 on sat and then pottered around abit and then guess what the contraction started again, but i didnt want to go to hospital this time so i sat on my birthing ball to see if it would help so all sat i was having contraction but i stayed at home and went to bed,

Woke up sunday and was still having contractions but still thought nothing of them but by 12 at night on sunday they were really bad so we went back to hospital this time i was told i was 1cm dilated, i was so upset this had been going on since friday night and still wasnt going anywhere, mid-wife just said this can happen sometimes, But this time they kept me in and at 5am i was taken up to the ward and given pethadine so i could sleep, didnt get much of a sleep.

Then got up monday about 9am and baby got monitored and was told he was fine, was still getting contraction but they were to bad, waited for OH to get to the hospital by this time contraction had got worse and i was sure something was happening this time, mid-wife came to look at me and i was 2-3cm dilated the mid-wife thought it was happening this time but there was no room on the labour ward, so i got taken to a side room where they gave me gas and air, i had that for a while and about 9pm they took me to labour ward, they monitored me again and could see i was getting contraction but they were coming at any certain time so there was nothing they could do, i burst into tears as i had been at this for days and days and no one was doing anything my OH even got mad and had a go at the mid-wife which he would never do they just kept saying my body would do it by itself,

so bad to the ward i went, monday night was the worst night in my life i was in so much pain i had 2 shots of pethadine so i could get some sleep but it was doing nothing for me, the mid-wife told me to have a bath which i did do but still feel like crap, i kept telling the mid-wife how i felt but she wasnt doing anything for me, then she said she would give me gas and air but she shouldnt really as i was only 2-3cm dilated, i was sure something was happening but no one seemed to care,

Tuesday morning i rang OH crying down the phone saying no one believed how bad i was feel but there wasnt anything he could do, about 5min later mid-wife and come and looked at me and she said i was 5-6cm dilated so i had been in labour all night and no one believed me, i rang OH again and he came staright down about 10am we got taken down to labour ward i was doing ok with gas and air and i had some pethadine which is great stuff, OH was helping me so much with my breathing and stuff, mid-wife then broke my waters it didnt hurt but omg it went everywhere lol, i kept trying to walk around with the pain but it got to much and i had to get on the bed the pain was getting worse and worse and i didnt know what to do, all i wanted to do was push but the mid-wife kept telling me not to, about 10mins later i was looked at again and i was 9-10cm yay so i was told to push,

contractions were coming every 30sec and with everyone i was push mid-wife was saying how great i was doing but i didnt think so, i was screaming with the pain and holding OH hands the whole way, the pain was so bad, mid-wife then said she had to get the doctor in it seem liked ages and no doctor so i screamed at the mid-wife to get the doctor she came and told me baby was in the wrong position and they would have to take me to theatre and use the cap and if that didnt work they would use forceps,

so got rushed to theatre and had a spinel block omg that was the best thing i ever had, it took all the pain away and i started saying sorry to everyone for going so mad lol,

they tryed the cap 1st but it didnt work, they then tryed the forceps which didnt work by this time we just wanted are baby, OH was by myside in theatre with his scrubs on, they had tryed everything but nothing was working then they said sorry but it was going to have to be a c-section,

i wasnt scared at all when they said this as i was so sleepy all i wanted was my baby safe and sound, so off they went i didnt really feel anything just a little bit of pulling and pushing but it didnt hurt, about 5mins later baby jack but being pulled out he was born he started to cry straight away so we knew he was fine, he was given staright to me and he was beautiful, it then was anothing 30mins until they finished,

OH and me were then taken to recovery with baby jack to let my legs come back and to get jack weighted and everything,

Baby jack weighed 7lb 11oz

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 122
great name and great piccys congrats hunni sorry u had the c section it must be the name jack as i had one to.

he is gorgeous hunni well done xx

Wow what a long time to be in labour!!! congratulations hun hes lovely.xxx

Well done you!! Congrats to you and all your family, he is gorgeous!
:hugs:

Aww congratulations !! Sorry you had such a long labour!!

Congrats! Sorry you had such a hard go... you look amazing in the pic of all 3 of you though! I hope I look that good after labour!!!

Congrats hunni he is adorable XxxX

He is so cute and your pics are fab! Well done hun and congratulations! xx

Congratulations. Sorry you had such a rough time! Quick off the mark with the pics! Jack's gorgeous!

congrats! great pics!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->