Baby Katie has arrived :D

Carlyp1990

Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡
Reaction score
I was due on 2nd November but that came and went and baby Katie didnt budge :( i was booked in for a sweep on 5th november and was told i was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced :dance: i had painful cramps all day but this didnt mean things were happening though! i phoned the MW on monday 8th november to arrange another sweep and she asked me to go in at 1pm that day - i told OH and we got ready and off we went.
MW did the sweep and said i was still 2cm but my cervix was ready :D she told me to go home and have plenty of sex as that was the only thing that would kickstart things now. We went to OH mums for a couple of hours and i sat in agony having pains but didnt tell anyone just incase it was nothing. We left OH mums at about 3 and went to pay for call of duty for OH as it was coming out that night and he was going to get it at midnight. i got home and came on bnb for abit contractions were now about 10 mins apart but bearable and i still didnt tell OH until about them until about 5:30 and he told me to make them stop because he wanted to get his game later :dohh:
had kfc for tea at about 7:30 and then started timing the contractions - about 7min apart lasting 1 minute each.
at about 10 i decided to go to sleep as they were getting abit stronger so i knew something was gonna hapen soon, OH came upstairs and we DTD before he went out but we had to keep stopping because the contractions were quite strong. he went out at about 10:30 and i stayed in bed. 11pm came and the pain was too strong for me to handle lying down so i came downstairs ant told my parents they were getting strong and took some paracetamol. by now they were every 5 mins so i text OH telling him it didnt look like baby wanted him to get his new that night. about 11:30 contractions were every 2 mins and i had my bloody show so i phoned OH and told him to come home - he asked if i could hang on until 12 so he could get his game lol. He got home about 11:45 and we got in my mums car to go to the hospital, there were roadworks everywhere and it took forever to get to the hospital.
We were shown into a room and i was checked at 12:30 only to be told i was 6cm :dance: i asked for an epidural :( time blurred but i was told there was another woman waiting for an epidural and it could take a while so i asked for pethadine instead. had the pethadine and managed to stay calm throughtout contractions and just squeezed OH and breathed through them while my mum got me drinks of water when i asked. at about 4am i got the urge to push but the mw told me not to push until i had been checked at 5am - i could wait so she checked me sooner and i was 10cm and almost ready to go :D
my waters still hadnt gone so the mw broke them for me when i started pushing - started pushing at about 5, and got covered n them lol - 2hours later i was still pushing but baby was really chilled so they just told me to carry on. they tried putting a drip in my hand because they said i wa dehydrated but it didnt work out and it took the dr about 40 mins to get it in and then it fell out :dohh:
a consultant then came in as it was obvious i wasnt gonna push the baby put by myself so they decided to use the kiwi ventouse and she was straight out at 7:24am on the 9th november :D i got a 2nd degree tear and remember telling to woman doing my stitches that she was gonna make me look like a patchwork quilt lmao :haha:
i had a quick cuddle with baby katie and then passed her to her daddy :D
she was weighed and was 8lb 12 - no wonder she didnt wanna come out!!

she is beatiful and we are over the moon - she loves mummys booby juice abit too much and has started comfort feeding at night :dohh:

OH was fantastic throught the labour aswell :D

thanks for reading if u got this far :D

xx

Congratulations!! So lovely to see all the familiar names finally having our babies! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->