Baby Kaylee Mae July 22nd, 2009

starah

Reaction score
She's about to wake up so I better type this fast :)

I went in on July 22nd, one week after my due date to be induced. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30, but didn't actually get put on the drip until 9:30 due to some emergency c-sections that morning. I started feeling some very mild painless contractions right away, lasting til about 1 p.m., when they started to get painful! It wasn't so much the pain that got to me, but the fact I was having them every single minute. It was like out of nowhere I started having contractions back to back. The nurse turned down my level of pitocin, but they wouldn't stop being back to back so I beared it for 2 and a half hours. I can honestly say labor was about exactly as painful as I thought it would be. It felt for me pretty much just like having my really bad menstrual cramps, just every single minute! I felt bad for my poor OH as he watched on as I was in pain with a helpless look :(, he was such a trooper. Finally I asked for an epidural, which didn't hurt at all except for the contractions during it where I had to sit still (horrible!) At this point I was only 4 cm, blah. The epidural kicked in relatively quickly, and I am trying to think about what time I had that at...I can't remember for the life of me. Anyway my water broke on it's own, and after the epidural it was pretty much a waiting game. The nurse checked my cervix again around 9:17 - yes my OH looked at the time LOL gotta love him, and I was 7 cm dilated. I had some mild pressure to push, she said she'd come back in two hours to check me again because I seemed to be going slowly, and if the pressure gets REALLY bad to come get her. I'd say about 2 contractions after she left the pushing thing got really really strong, I didn't see how it could get any stronger. I held off for about 15 minutes because i didn't want her to think I was a nutcase, but I had OH go get her and sure enough she felt no cervix and it was time to push! OH was getting super excited at this point, which was so encouraging and the only thing that really got me through it. I started pushing - which was the one part that didn't feel anything like I thought it would. You kinda have to push to an awkward place right between your butt and vagina. The hardest part of the pushing I think was actually holding your breath for so long, I thought I was going to pass out everytime!! Well, the doctors came in after about 50 minutes to deliver her, and it was amazing :) I was fortunate not to need an episiotomy and only had a tiny tear that required no stitches. I had my baby girl and that was all that mattered.

Miss Kaylee Mae was born at 10:54 p.m. weighing in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 20.5 inches long. She was absolutely perfect (and still is!!)

So overall labor and delivery I feel went very well, it was the uncontrollable blood clots afterward that sucked, especially since it was so late at night I was exhausted. They wouldn't bring me up to the recovery room until my bleeding was under control. I passed probably around 10-12 large blood clots, and the nurse was in there constantly pressing on my uterus trying to get them out. Also my uterus wouldn't firm up so I was kept on pitocin the entire time I was in the hospital, which wasn't bad except I had a damn IV attached to me all the time, which really made going to the restroom fun (yeah right!) So we got to my recovery room around 5 a.m., got some sleep and woke up around 8 a.m., passed another huge clot. Had the doctor come in and tried to manually get the clots out (HOLY CRAP did that hurt, possibly the most painful part of the whole experience!) There weren't anymore, and the rest is all history now :)

Wow I really feel like I rambled LOL anyway thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• Kaylee Mae.jpg
    Kaylee Mae.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 8
Congrats hun she was lovely! glad you had a smooth labour! x

What a gorgeous baby girl you have! Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members