Baby kicked for first time - updated

TTC LADY

Reaction score
Yesterday whilst lying on the sofa I felt the bAby kick for he first time, it wasn't a full on kick but more like a series of taps over about 2 hours in various places.

I'm so pleased :happydance: and relieved as I'm over 21 weeks and had not felt anything before. Not felt anything since last night though, I assume baby's resting or sleeping !!!!

Also had anomaly scan this week and everything was perfect.

All in all a great week !!

Sweetie, that's fab news!!! I remember you posting a couple of times that you still weren't feeling movement - I bet it was worth waiting for!

Glad your scan went well too hun, bet you're on :cloud9: this weekend :hugs:

thats great news! I too did not feel any kicks till 22 wks. Last wk I was sitting on sofa and all of a sudden I felt a hard prodding then when I looked down I saw my bump twitch. My OH saw it too last night. It is such a relief when you do feel baby after 21 wks.

Following yesterday's post, ive not felt any kicks today....Is it normal to not feel kicks everyday ?

yer its normal not to feel them everyday hun. ive gone a couple days without feeling LO kicking then she makes up for it!

I first felt a movement at about 16 weeks but I remember that after that first time I could go for a few days without feeling a thing. It's only been in the last four/five weeks that I've felt him everyday, usually after each meal. So I'd say considering that it's your first time feeling LO it's quite usual not to feel him again from one day to the next. Don't worry they'll kick again soon to remind you that they're there xxx

EDIT: Oh, and as the next few weeks go by I'm sure you'll feel LO more and more frequently xx

I see in another thread that you ordered a doppler - have to say, mine saved my sanity. Got it at 17 and a half weeks, first felt baby at 19 weeks and while he has some days that are more active than others, some are still very quiet. I found out at 21 week scan that I have an anterior placenta, so there's a reason, but you still worry. I don't "tune in" as often as I did - but still twice a day, for as long as it takes to hear, sometimes it's straight away so it's only a few seconds - but for sheer peace of mind it has been worth every penny and more!

Congrats on feeling your first kicks hun!! Before long you’ll feel them daily:)

You have already been told it is normal not to feel kicks every day, so I just wanted to congratulate you on your kicks and your scan, I am glad everything went ok. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->