Baby Laundry!

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
*Let it be known that I am the worst laundry-doer of all time*

Okay so I have the special laundry detergent for baby clothes. I was going to wash all the small sizes I have + the blankets and towels. I'm just wondering what you do about drying them? When I do my clothes I put in a dryer sheet. Do I just leave it out for the baby? Or are there special ones you can buy? Won't her clothes/blankets be really staticy if I don't use one?

Leave the dryer sheet out for now. We don't use one, actually don't put anything in the dryer and some of the blankets do get staticky but not to badly

oh and your about to get lots of experience with laundry :rofl: I do laundry almost every day now thanks to Hannah

Ehhhh I hate staticy stuff hah.

I must say that is one thing I am dreading is all that laundry. I have enough clothes now that I can usually go about a week without doing it, then I do it all in one day. Not looking forward to this every day/every 2nd day thing. I'm using reusable diapers too once she gets big enough for the ones I'm getting, so I'll be doing tons I'm sure.

Really Hannah's clothes aren't that bad, it's only her fleece blankets that get static

maybe u could put the blankets on a maiden to dry, im sure it wouldnt take that long!

xxx

I put all my stuff in the washer and dryer... I use dryer sheets, just regular ones, no fancy scents or anything.

I cant stand static either.

I use the unscented sheets, just normal brand name ones. I use them for all laundry. I also sometimes use the normal sensitive skin unscented soap for her clothes since its what I use on mine. It seems to be the same as using baby stuff but less expensive.

I bought Baby Soft by Purex. It was fairly cheap, only 5 something for 32 loads, compared to 10 bucks for 25 loads like the Ivory Snow that was right next to it :shock:

I miss living in Canada -- I LOVE the smell of Ivory Snow. To me, that is a wonderful baby smell.

Don't think you can buy Ivory Snow in the UK :cry:

Over here int he UK, you can buy these special rubber balls that go in the dryer to help reduce static.

They have no detergent or chemicals or anything in them, just the way they are made helps to stop so much static - have you seen anything like that in Canada? I can try & find a link to a website for them if you want?

xxx

Here you go Rae;

https://www.nelliesallnatural.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

These kind here are designed for American & Canadian dryers, as apparently yours are different slightly to ours over here. I know $20 is a lot, but they are reusable for a really long time. Or if you just put 'Dryer balls' into Google, you may find them cheaper.
We use them to help with static, but they also help stuff dry quicker too.

xxx

I have seen the dryer balls here in the supermarkets. I have a question about biological powder/non biological powder.....um what is it? Sorry that sounds so stupid, but I am so lost.

I have seen the dryer balls here in the supermarkets. I have a question about biological powder/non biological powder.....um what is it? Sorry that sounds so stupid, but I am so lost.

Tbh, I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's just to do with the type & amount of different chemicals in the powder or liquid detergent. Non biological is better for sensitive skins, it's the only kind we use in our house and it is what they recommend to use for babies clothes etc.

xx

I'm not sure either :shrug: We've been using the perfume free/dye free Cheer brand for Hannah

Hmmm, it surely must be a regional thing then. Cause I am with Vickie, we have access to perfume/dye free products. I just have never seen the word biological.

Sorry for thread hijacking...bad habit!

I'm scared to start washing the stuff in case I ruin it :rofl:

I'd never make a good housewife. I need a maid at my disposal for big things like baby clothes washing :blush:

Here you go Rae;

https://www.nelliesallnatural.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

These kind here are designed for American & Canadian dryers, as apparently yours are different slightly to ours over here. I know $20 is a lot, but they are reusable for a really long time. Or if you just put 'Dryer balls' into Google, you may find them cheaper.
We use them to help with static, but they also help stuff dry quicker too.

xxx

I have these!
I love them!
They really fluff up your clothes and beat all the lint and cat hair out. Plus, even unscented dryer sheets leave a weird residue - some weird petroleum by-product that may or may not be good for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->