baby lead weaning

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Rhys had toast today!!!!

just thought id try him with it as ive heard your not suppost to try baby lead weaning till 6 and a half months

and he loved it!!!!!! im so pleased!!!

i have piccys but colin took the bloody camera lead to s.africa with him by mistake and left his camera lead here... men!!!!

Dont really get all that baby led weaning stuff I think it is another fad,I mean giving a baby porridge with no spoon would love to see that,lol

Well done on Rhys having his toast bless him. I used to do Chloe cheese on toast and cut into fingers or eggy bread like that (french toast) they love it.

I am to start weaning at 4 months (thats the old way of doing it) I cant beleive they have increased it to 6 months now.

I am sure baby led weaning works for lots but the mess.......lol

Yay Rhys. I love BLW, it was so much easier. I usually gave Seren chunks of fruit like banana and pear, also rice cakes were fab too. Steamed carrot and broccoli spears were a fave also.

I tried Seren at 5 and a half months with BLW and she was great with it, the recommendation is 6 months but as baby is in charge of their eating they won't eat anyhting until they are able to move the food to the back of their mouth and swallow.

i personally thought baby lead weaning sounded awful but now ive tried it im really impressed!!!!!

I will just do what I did for chloe when she was a baby 7 years ago.

I cannot bear mess so not for me but sounds fun for your little ones
bex

i will see how i get on with it... ive found things called baby safe feeders which look really good and they are less messy!!!

teaches baby to chew food without choking!

lol i got those chewy things, and oh my god they make a mess plus there so hard to clean!!!

really? i wondered about that!

maybe ill look around....

i got a gr8 deal on them, but i foolishly put pear in it..... lol he was soakin!!!!!

hmmm would you suggest not using one then??

i wouldnt suggest not using one lol, just dont put pear in it :rofl: i have 1 ive not used if u wanna try it :D its been played with but never used for food, so wud just need a wash n wud b fine to use :D

Yay Rhys. I love BLW, it was so much easier. I usually gave Seren chunks of fruit like banana and pear, also rice cakes were fab too. Steamed carrot and broccoli spears were a fave also.

I tried Seren at 5 and a half months with BLW and she was great with it, the recommendation is 6 months but as baby is in charge of their eating they won't eat anyhting until they are able to move the food to the back of their mouth and swallow.

I'm another big fan of BLW and will be doing it with Alex when he starts showing an interest in being able to feed himself. In my opinion BLW is a much better way to do it, but then I'm biased ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->