Baby Led Weaning First Foods?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi girls

Was just wondering about BLW first foods ...

I am doing the same as Caitlin puree because I'm comfy with that but a little different would be good.

Megans now on 2 foods of a day (brekkie & evening meal) but not full jars (say half) but soon I hope to do brekkie, lunch & dinner and at lunch I was thinking this could be a chance for this and a followup with some puree fruit.

So what do you give baby led weaning babies as first foods?

x

hi Wobbles

Im just starting out and combining puree with BLW (waiting n my book comimg):happydance: we need to get Matthew's weight up as he is prem and not ganing enough so combining 2 methods. So ar he has had half a rusk an a big thick slice of melon to suck on, oh and crusts of bread which he got tore into, was thinking of trying bit of pepper today or maybe wedge of avocado. I was terrified of choking he did gag, brought rusk back up and proceed to chew it (with no teeth) so feel alot better about it all. good luck x

We started with cucumber, buttered toast and watermelon :)

Some good ones are...

avocado
toast
sweet peppers
steamed carrots
broccoli
cauliflower
tomato
banana
watermelon
peach
pear
butternut squash
sweet potato

Thanks girls

I think I'll try a bit of toast soon then :D

I tried a rusk today and that was ok (first time)

Bananas good

Cucumber made him heave :dohh:

Trying peach tomorrow

Mayve some cheese and toast end of week as he is 6 months in a couple of day s

Im just curious about the cucumber, I cant imagine you feed them raw? They are too hard and crunchy...

I started Jasmine with baby mum mum rusks, around 6 months I started giving her toast.

After she got good with the toast I offered her stuff like cheese, banana, soft fruit like peches or pear etc.

Although she never really started eating enough finger foods until 7-8 months to make it an actual meal. She just wasnt interested.

Now she eats everything!

Yep Niamh had raw cucumber from about 6 months. She never had a problem with it, but she did always suck the flesh first. Now she likes it really cold and hard for her teeth.

Rosie has always loved cucumber too, but never the skin on them.

leyla loves cucumber but never gets very far with it though lol, the thing she is best at eating is breadsticks lol, she looks so bloody cute with this massive breadstick in her hand aswell, gnawing away on the end of it haha

she also loves toast, rice cakes (you can buy flavoured baby ones), broccoli and cauliflower, roast chicken, any kind of roast meat tbh, she loooooves courgette, banana she loves but i dont like giving her it cos it stains absolutely everything it touches lol, cheese, chips :blush: raisins, carrots, parsnips, rusks, weetabix with little bit of milk poured on to make it a little easier to eat, corn flakes, all kinds of stuff she likes, just make sure you dont give anything with sugar / salt but then its not ur first time so im sure u know all that

x

can you even cook cucumber lol? I leave the skin on atm as she has no teeth and stops her gums taking chunks off it. You tried any yet Wobbles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->