Baby limiting morning feed :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

plush_pink

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a little confused at the moment. My 13 and a half week old baby has her last feed at 10ish, which is a dream feed as she's been asleep since 6.30pm. She goes all through the night (even though she wakes me up fidgeting a lot!) and I expect her to be starving by 6am but she only seems to feed a small amount, she only takes one breast. Is this normal? She's a happy baby and seems well but appears not to need much. Should I be concerned?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

If her weight gain is good and she's having dirty nappies, it's fine hon. My LO never eats on waking, which I used to find really strange but now I just accept that's the way he is wired. I think feeding on demand is important, as is trusting LO will tell you when they are hungry.

Hi all,

I'm a little confused at the moment. My 13 and a half week old baby has her last feed at 10ish, which is a dream feed as she's been asleep since 6.30pm. She goes all through the night (even though she wakes me up fidgeting a lot!) and I expect her to be starving by 6am but she only seems to feed a small amount, she only takes one breast. Is this normal? She's a happy baby and seems well but appears not to need much. Should I be concerned?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I think it's fine. My 12 weeks old does the same thing. He wakes up around 6 in the morning and feeds very little and goes back to sleep and feeds properly around 10am. He is gaining weight and seems happy.

It's just what babies do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh