Baby Lucas is here!!

lillysmum

Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys
Reaction score
Lucas Alexander Webster
15th March 2009 ~ 6.01pm
8lbs 6oz ~ 49.5cms
Labour ~ 7hours total/2hours established (from waters breaking to baby born)
Pain Relief ~ TENS, Gas & Air

Here is my beautiful boys birth story.....

So at 12am last night woke up feeling a bit strange, something had woke me up but i didn't know what, so i tried from then until 4am to get some sleep but something was waking me up....

at 4am I gave up and wandered through to the living room, sat on my ball for a bit as i was having pains every 8mins or so - still convinced this was it starting and probably stopping for the 15th time i reluctantly got the OH up to help keep my spirits up.

By 12.30 after having the tens unit strapped to my back all morning i gave up and went to the CMU as the pains were every 4-5mins apart, I was examined and was 4cms dialated.....so was in labour but had a bit to go yet.

So was taken to the birthing room, had a bath, a walk etc -all that was stopping little Lucas entering the world was a bag of membranes that needed to break, but because of the way he was lying he just wasnt putting enough pressure on them to break them.

I was examined again at 4pm and was still 4cms dialated - so i asked to have my membranes broken to help things along.

Got mammoth contractions which were getting more frequent and more intense, got on the gas and air and had a bath, just as i was getting out of the bath i asked if i could have something stronger and was told by the midwife that she'd check and see how far away he was and if it was worth having the diamorphine.....

Well 15mins later i'm on the bed, pushing my baby out -no time for diamorphine i had to do it all on gas and air- he was born at 6.01pm!!
the placenta came out an hour later....

After having him checked over by the midwife and myself of course and because there was no complications and it was straight forward with no stitches need for me - i got to come home with my baby at 11pm.

We have to go back in tomorrow to have him checked over by a pead doc but the way i see it we'd have to have done that if i'd had the home birth i originally planned.

I'm so on cloud 9 but so tired and sore - i just couldn't wait to tell you all about my little man!!

Attachments

• STA40881.jpg
    STA40881.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 93
  • STA40884.jpg
    STA40884.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 90
How organised are you and Lucas!! Im sooooooo pleased for you Debs, big big congrats, hes gorgeous xxx :hugs::cloud9::happydance: xxx

Congratulations hunny :) Nice easy birth, id like that please :) x

:hug:

sounds a fantastic birth!! well done on just gas and air!!!
congratulations!!!

CONGRATS hon!!! :hugs: I want one like that, on my due date too!! :D

awww how cute is daves face!!! love it, love you :):) heehee xxxxxx

Congratulations, He is gorgeous hunn well done you.

:hug::hug:

Congratulations hun, he is lovely xxx

wow congratulations on the birth of your baby boy and go you for posting your birth story so soon! xx

awww congrats hun hes lovely , And our two now share a bithday :) . xxxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->