Baby measureing ahead by a week question.

Locksley27

Reaction score
So I had an ultrasound today and baby is measureing a week ahead. So instead of 12w1d it measures 13w1d. The tech didnt seem worried because everything else looks great. But my midwife wants to check my glucose levels to see if I might have GD. Has any one else had this? As of this point I still havent gained any weight. Just been super sick.

I had GD with my 2nd, they put you on a restricted diet & you're supposed to keep a detailed diary of what you're eating along with testing your blood sugar multiple times a day.

Measuring ahead could just mean they had their measurements wrong at your early appointment. Did she mention any other reasons for why she thinks you're at high risk for GD? The test is normally done 24-28 weeks.

No, no other reasons. I haven't gained any weight so far this pregnancy in fact i have lost 5lbs. She just wants to make sure because im 35 now. I haven't had GD with any other pregnancies either. She says her main concern would be a large baby.

When was your earlier scan? I know when I was measured at 6+3, I later measured 5 days ahead at 13+1 (should have been 12+3). Baby came out a normal size (7lb 9oz). The earlier scans can be inaccurate if it’s done before 7 weeks, otherwise all the ultrasounds have a buffer of +/- 3-5 days. I’m sure you’ll get a better idea of baby’s true size at your 20 week scan :)

At my cousins 12 weeks echo, they moved her ahead one week. Then at 28weeks she found out she had GD. They provoked her at 37 weeks, and her daughter had to stay quite a bit. The doctors and nurses always thought she was a preemie based on the issues she was having... so I think they moved her ahead one week cause of size, but she really was 36 weeks...

I didnt have GD for either. At my second I measured a few days behind on 12 weeks echo and 20weeks echo. Then at my 32 weeks echo, I measured almost 2 weeks ahead! So I think sometimes it might not be GD but baby having his leaps at different time. FX for you that all is well :hugs:

With both of mine at the 12 week scan they were moved forward a week which I knew was complete rubbish as I was tracking and charting at the time :dohh: which of course meant my due date was brought forward but then I ended up being induced when they were actually meant to be due (per my dates)

I did not have GD :shrug:

My first scan was at 9w3d. And baby measured spot on. One of my babies was 9 lbs so i think that is where her fear is really comming from. Although my 9 pounder was 42 weeks too. All the rest of my kids were normal size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->