Baby measuring 1.1mm - experiences with small fetus'/no fetus apparent

itwasawendys

Reaction score
My last period was 1.4.16 so I should be 6 weeks or so pregnant and the baby should be 8mm. We went for a scan yesterday to rule an ectopic pregnancy and whilst that was fine, we found out the baby only measures 1.1mm and they can't yet see a heartbeat so I'm back there in 2 weeks. Does anyone else have experience with a very small fetus or no apparent fetus at all at this point and everything has gone on to be fine? Thanks!

My last period was 1.4.16 so I should be 6 weeks or so pregnant and the baby should be 8mm. We went for a scan yesterday to rule an ectopic pregnancy and whilst that was fine, we found out the baby only measures 1.1mm and they can't yet see a heartbeat so I'm back there in 2 weeks. Does anyone else have experience with a very small fetus or no apparent fetus at all at this point and everything has gone on to be fine? Thanks!

With my last MC the baby only ever measured 4-5 weeks even at 7 weeks. Unfortunately it didn't end well, but I was told it was 50/50, so every chance could all be ok for you. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

I went at 5w6d and saw nothing but an empty sac. At that stage it can really be hard to see much of anything...and the heart may not even start beating until halfway through the sixth week.

By the time I went for my 11 week scan, I was convinced I'd been pregnant all this time with a blighted ovum. It seemed like everyone else was seeing everything (yolk, fetal pole, and heartbeat) by the middle of their 5th week. I had no hope that things were okay. But then they started the ultrasound and I saw right away that there was a perfect little baby on the screen. It measured exactly in target, which meant that I was definitely 5w6d when the tech saw nothing but an empty sac. Crazy.

All that to say, please don't give up hope. It is still so early at this point, and there are many variables that can affect what shows up on an ultrasound at this stage of your pregnancy. Wishing you the best of luck at your next appointment. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->