Baby measuring 10 weeks behind?

Spottycup

Reaction score
My brother found out his now ex girlfriend was 8 months Preg a few weeks ago at Christmas. She went for her first scan 3 weeks ago and was told the sex of the baby and she was due the first week in March and that baby was small and she'd need another scan to check again as she hadn't had a previous scan to go by. (No-one knew she was pregnant until she told my brother).

She went for her 2nd scan a few days ago and was told the baby hadn't grown since the first scan and was still measuring 25 weeks. She should be 35ish?

Does anyone know if this is possible measuring 10 weeks behind? And what is likely to happen? Will they induce her early?

thanks, x

Wow.. how strange. That does seem highly unlikely for there to be no growth in 10 weeks and baby still be ok. And if that were true they'd likely get baby out asap.. I hate to ask this or even put the idea out there but is it possible the baby isn't his and she's trying to play it off as his by fudging dates?? At any rate that's really scary and if true extremely serious and I couldn't see them letting her keep going knowing baby isn't growing, they usually take the baby out especially if she is already 35 weeks!!

There is a chance the baby isn't my brothers as they fell out for a few days and she slept with two other people. It really is one big mess. They got back together and she found out she was pregnant but wasn't going to keep the baby and then told everyone she had a termination. Now fast forward to Christmas a few weeks ago it turns out she did keep the baby but hadn't told anyone and had no scans etc.

I was thinking it could be a different pregnancy? Going by the dates she should be 34 weeks now and the baby is measuring 25 and has not grown in 2-3 weeks since the last scan.

10 weeks behind seems worrying to me and I've had a quick Google and can't find anything similar.

yeah especially if she had no prior scans. I'd say it's likely a different pregnancy!! I hope it all works out for her!!

Not possible. I'd be inclined to say she's not being honest...

Something isnt sitting right with that information at all. I mean obviously if there were other men in the picture he would be doing a DNA test anyway. However I have never heard of a baby measuring that far behind that was not seriously poorly and didnt need intimidate medical intervention

Definitely sounds like she is not 100% about this pregnancy from the start, alot of messing around by saying about termination and not getting herself booked in early on. I agree with PP make sure your brother gets little one dna'd before falling in love ok, GL to you both.

My daughter was born measuring about 8 weeks behind. She was less than the 2nd percentile with severe IUGR. Born 36w4d weighing 3lb 14oz. I know exactly when I ovulated, and I got a BFP at 10dpo. So I am positive of my dates. They never gave me a good reason why she was tiny. She was measuring at the 50th percentile at 20 weeks, then she hadn't grown at all at 24 weeks, so she was about the 30th percentile. She just kept lagging farther and farther behind as time went on. My placenta was fine, but the most common reason for IUGR seems to be placenta failure.

So it's possible she could be lying, especially since she has lied in the past and seems pretty shady. But it's also possible she could be telling get the truth. If she's not going in for monitoring at least twice a week, though, I'd say she's lying. The doctors would be watching her like a hawk!

I have a very similar experience as gingerpanda. My girl was born at 37 weeks induced due to now growth & very reduced amniotic fluid. She was 4lb 3 oz when born. As soon as they discovered growth had stoped/slowed they advised me to be jnduced to get her out.
I was induced within days of discovery. With this they don't mess around.

I don't know the situation but it sounds like she could be either confused or lying. I personally don't think they'd leave a baby inside who wasn't thriving esp as she's 35 wks because a lot of tge time the organs still mature even when babe is small. So could possibly cope with being outside mum.
I'm no doctor this is just my view from my experience.

GL to her & your brother. I hope all works out well. Sounds like you'll be a great aunty if baby is your bros xx

Sounds very shady to me. I am very familiar with the NICU having had 10 week preemies and IGUR babies they take. They can do way more outside than mom can do inside. It's never the recommended route to have babies prematurely but in order to save a life they won't mess around. Hasn't grown in 10 weeks sounds pretty serious to me. But I on;y have a Web MD so I'm just guessing.

I agree that you will be an excellent Auntie once the baby does come and is your brother's. best of luck to you all.

Also, there was a girl in the news recently that had fooled her family and boyfriend and community into believing she was pregnant with triplets. she even had fake u/s scans printed from the internet and received thousands of dollars in donations. Once the due date came she said she lost them and then eventually had to confess. There are some nasty people in this world and unfortunately they make us suspicious. I really hope that your case turns our for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->