Baby measuring 3 days behind

rajnin

Reaction score
I can't stop worrying none stop!
In July I had a Mmc. I had a scan at 7 weeks all looked good, at 9 weeks the baby only measured at 7wks 4 days. The next week (wk 10) there was no HB :-(

This time I had a scan at 6wks 5 all good, another scan at 8wks 5 days all good, I had a scan at 10 weeks and baby measuring at 9 wks 4 days. My OB said its only 3 days out and baby looks strong, kicking & punching away with a good HB. He said they scan machine sometimes reflect as a few days behind. So I was not worried, then I looked at the medi card with my info on it & it said 10 week scan, scan date and "find" 9th. Why would he write that if all okay. He assured me everything okay.

My next scan is in 2 weeks, my 12 week NT scan. I'm so worried that ill go at 12 wks and get bad news, what if the baby doesn't grow, I have this fear because of what happened last time. I just can't relax, do you think I should ring my OB and ask for a scan to make sure baby has grown????

Will speak to hubby about it... My mum thinks 3 days out is not a biggie, I agree but because of what happened last time my fear is I need reassurance baby has grown.

Sorry.... Just freaking out big time

The measurements are not exact all the time depending on how clear the pic. At my 10 week US baby A was measuring a whole week ahead but my NP told me it was because he/she was wiggling so much and stretched out. At my 12 week he/she was back to measuring right on target. I believe they say they are accurate +/- 5 days. I wouldnt be too worried about it. As your doctor said its only 3 days. The positive is that your baby is growing. Good luck at your 12 week scan

Thanks,

I wouldnt be so worried if it was 3 days behind but I just have the fear from last time what if baby doesnt grow :-(

My hubby said we can scan the card to the doc and ask him to clarify, I may request a quick scan next week. Pay so much $$$$ to an OB to get the one to one contact and reassurance so I think I will ask for a scan next week so i can relax a little.

Congrats on your twins! H & H 9 months :)

early scans are only estimations,i had 3 early scans all putting me a week behind.its nothing to worry about:)

3 days is nothing. The tech that did my scan today told me they could be off by a few days and get a totally different measurement if they just redid it right then. I think they only worry if you're off by a week or more. We had one baby measure 8w1d and one was 8w0d. She said they both probably formed on the same day and it's just such a tiny difference in measurements.

I know that you know this is normal, but I do get why you are so scared. If it had happened to me the way it did with you and you other pregnancy, I'd be scared too. i think a quick scan is a good idea. You need to be able to relax and not be so worried for 2 whole weeks.....2 weeks isn't that long, but when you are constantly worrying, it can feel like forever. I hope you are able to get in for a scan and that everything is okay (which I think it will be, tbh)

My baby has been 2 or 3 days behind, and then one day a head. dont worry. its hard to measure.

Thanks Scout
I still have my symptoms, hubby thinks I'm being paroniod and negative and should just wait for my 12 wk scan in 2 weeks.

I will see how I feel over this weekend, if still freaking out I will see if OB can scan me at the 11 week mark, it will help me relax.

We were so excited to be at 10 weeks thinking 2 more weeks and we can tell our family & friends. We have not told anyone apart from my mum as the last time everyone was so sad. Fingers crossed and lots of prays all is okay.

Rajnin

I'm pretty much in exactly the same position as you. MMC in august and measuring 3 days behind at scan. I went into a mad panic that it was a repeat of last time but I have done much googling and come to the conclusion that this is really really common. I would try and get another scan to reassure you - I have mine on Monday, fingers crossed!

Fermers wife, how many weeks pregnant are you?
I think I will call my OB's office on Monday and explain how I feel, I'm sure they'll squeeze me in. It will help just to see that there has been some growth, reassurance of some sort. Please let me know how you got on & good luck 🍀

My first baby measured 2 days behind in the first ultrasound (normal for me since I ovulate 2 days late), then 2 days behind at the next ultrasound... And then 4 days behind at the next!!!!!! I was terrified! I went to my 12 week scan TERRIFIED! But then he measured 3 days ahead!!!!!!!!!! Turns out my baby just had his growth spurt later than most babies do, so the measurements weren't quite accurate for him. This can be absolutely NORMAL, just like in my case!!! My baby is now almost 11 months old and PERFECT! I'm hoping for the best for you. You know what they say, expect the worst but hope for the best!

I think it is just normal to worry the way you are. I had a MMC in April and I am worrying the same. I have my IPS testing with ultrasound on the 20th and I am scared to death that when they scan me the baby will have stopped growing. And I had an ultrasound at 8w5d and baby measured perfect. Try not to dwell on it and take things as they come. There is nothing we can do if this happens but we can try and remain calm and try to enjoy our LO's time in our belly :) I wish you the best!!!

I had 5 early scans with my eldest and now one of them was accurate compared to the last. All the early ones i up to 10 days behind and all the ones after 8 weeks i was 7 days ahead of LMP. i made up 14 days in total. When they measure in MM and your baby is moving there bound to be out a bit. i worked in a scan department once and we where told to say they can be out by 5 days x

I am currently 8+5 by my dates. My first scan was at 7+1 and I measured 6+5 - I'm sure on my ovulation dates too.

If your baby is doing well with a strong HB etc I really would try not to worry, I'm sure everything will be just fine as the other girls said these early scans can be way out - my nurse said theirs has a 7 day window! Try and get another scan in just for your own sake but I'm sure everything will be fine - I've read stories of people being a week out and everything being perfect.

True, there's not much I can do if anything goes wrong but I can't stop worrying and enjoy the pregnancy. I said to hubby, I want a 11 week scan but for some reason he doesn't understand. His saying you can't keep asking for extra scans just relax and go to 12 wk scan everything will be fine. He thinks I have no reason to worry because the doc said so.

My tierdness wore off in week 9 but I still need to wee loads, boobs slightly sore(they were never crazy sore) and I still have nausea, more of a lump feeling in my throat which gets worse if I'm hungry, I know symptoms can calm down in week 10. If my symptoms start fading and me still worried ill have a scan before my 12 wk scan.

I just feel like hiding and don't want to see friends just not in mood ... See how I feel on Monday & how symptoms are going

I'm going through the same thing ATM so I would be interested to know the outcomes! I had 4 mc's then my lovely daughter and now I'm pregnant again. I was measuring 6.4 when I was supposed to be 6.6. It makes me slightly nervous to be measuring behind after my miscarriages! Thanks :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->