Baby measuring 3 weeks ahead and I feel further along...

amybe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Ok so I am 32 weeks today, Baby is measuring at 35 weeks at my appointment on Thursday which shocked me!! Midwife said I was bordering on concern but they allow 3 weeks either way, Anyway, I measured perfect at every check up with my son and I had him at 39+5...I felt so small and energetic with him till the end but this time I feel sooo big, I have such pressure down there from baby's weight and this baby's movements are so strong and I can feel he's getting cramped up in there...Am I going yo have an elephant? Is he likely to come earlier than full term if I'm measuring ahead?? I can't believe he has 8 weeks if growing still to do...OMG!!!

Hey hun... r u tlking about fundal height? If so im also measuring 3 weeks ahead and I had a growth scan and hes measuring bang on target... so maybe your bubs is normal your just a bit bigger this time?

Yes I meant to say fundal height :) She didn't seem worried, I just measured perfect with my son and but he was a dainty 7lb-er so I'm thinking this one has got to be 9lb+!!! I am definitely a lot bigger this time!!..Glad your growth scan went well, She said I was JUST under 3 weeks so she wouldn't refer me, So I'm pleased she's not worried but my god, I think I'll be sofa bound the last few weeks of this pregnancy lol x x

You may not measure as big next time. I was 2.5 weeks ahead 3 weeks ago, the week later only 1 week ahead and last week measured a week behind. (im seen weekly to watch Bp)
The mw said it goes a lot off baby's position, that's why they allow 3cm.
Fingers crossed baby was sitting funny or you have lots of water :)

I was measuring 4 weeks ahead at my MW appointment this week. Got a scan on Wednesday but to be honest I think it's all fine and I've just got a big belly.

I was a big baby so have been expecting her to be big too.

And I'd much rather have a baby on the big side than small side. I'd be very worried if I was measuring 4 weeks behind.

I am measuring ahead on fundal height 2 weeks. Have been since 25 weekday and currently 36 weeksl. My bump is huge.... Bigger than last time and all round and out the front. Movements very very strong too and I'm very uncomfortable and get lots of bh. I'm scared of giant baby too lol

Tristansmum, You won't believe me but my little boy is called Tristan and he was 7lb 10oz lol but he was born in May 2011, ha, Spooky!!...Well I've measured 2-3 weeks ahead since my 25 week appt...I think I'm just a lot bigger this time and the movements are so much stronger than they were with my eldest little boy, Must be a second and beyond pregnancy thing!!..x

I'm measuring nearly 3 weeks ahead on growth scan and my OB isn't really concerned. On the ultrasound monitor that I watch while the doc is doing my scan, the computer changed my due date by nearly 3 weeks, but my doctor is still keeping with my original due date. ( I think the ultrasound machine changes the date according to size of baby) I guess she is just a big baby.

I've started to measure 2 weeks ahead ever since my 22-24 week scans!! Freaks me out too! At my 31 week scan baby was at 2.3kg and I feel very heavy and a lot of pressure but my bump isn't as big as god expect so movements have been very sharp and strong
The doctor was concerned with my fluid levels being low normal and I'm getting checked again tomorrow
I asked him if it affects due date and he said so far no but if baby exceeds 4kg he'd recommend a c section ! Well see what he has to say tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->