Baby measuring big

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
So I had a scan done and baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead. :wacko: Im hoping that he comes early as I really dont want to push out a 9+ lbs baby! Has anyone gone through this and had their baby early or was it due date/late? At 35 weeks he was already measuring 7 lbs and 1 oz. He is definitely a chunky monkey!

I am also dealing with an extremely itchy stomach. I have tried cortisone and it is not working at all! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 11021150_10152631115281791_7064677501563829904_n.jpg
    11021150_10152631115281791_7064677501563829904_n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
My DS measured a few weeks ahead in 3rd tri, I had him at 42 weeks after being induced. He was 9lbs 15 so not massive but quite big for me as I'm pretty short. Pushing him out was less painful than my DD who was only 8lbs :)

My DS measured a few weeks ahead in 3rd tri, I had him at 42 weeks after being induced. He was 9lbs 15 so not massive but quite big for me as I'm pretty short. Pushing him out was less painful than my DD who was only 8lbs :)

My baby today was 9.3 pounds and I'm glad I had a c section. He was predicted to have a big head and a big stomach and they were afraid he would get stuck. They were right - we can't even keep his hat on his big noggin!

But he is adorable and beautiful and everything went well. Today I was 39 weeks and 2 days.

I don't have any advice but just had to say your scan picture is amazing, such a cutie already!

No personal experiences, but my cousin was measuring big with both her pregnancies. Her ds came 4 weeks early at 36 weeks and her dd came 3 weeks early at 37 weeks. Both were over 7lbs when they were born.

We didn't have a scan but with fundal height at most with my daughter I only measured a week ahead. We (including the doctor) all thought she'd be 8 lbs tops. Well she was 9 lbs 3 oz AND 22 inches. I went into labor at 39w 5d at night at 9pm and had her the next day at 39w 6d at 8:01 AM

Hi Cewsbaby, I am 35 weeks and my baby boy is on 90th centile or above on scans. I'm in Uk and they have asked me to think about C section but I'm still going to opt for induction at 38 weeks which is standard here as I'm type 1 diabetic!
I apprehensive about pushing out a little chunk also! I'm quite short and petite (well I was before pregnancy!!!)
Good luck , let us know ur experience! :flower:

My first baby measured two weeks ahead all the way through. She was born 10 days overdue and weighed 9lb 10oz.

My DS2 measured ahead towards the end.My bump was massive! He arrived the day after my due date and was 10lb 60z. The midwife and hospital kept telling me i was going to have a big baby but with DS1 only being 6lb 9oz (3 weeks early) I thought they were talking about 8lb lol.

My daughter measured 95th percentile at 33 weeks and said they would need to induce me at some point. Went into labor and had her at 38 weeks and she was already almost 8lb haha

My baby is measuring two weeks ahead and pretty much has since the anatomy scan. No one mentioned inducing me early or a c section though. :)
It does make me worry! I wont lie. But I guess we'll see.

Delilah measured big also. I water broke when I was 34 weeks and she was six pounds.

Hi Cewsbaby, I am 35 weeks and my baby boy is on 90th centile or above on scans. I'm in Uk and they have asked me to think about C section but I'm still going to opt for induction at 38 weeks which is standard here as I'm type 1 diabetic!
I apprehensive about pushing out a little chunk also! I'm quite short and petite (well I was before pregnancy!!!)

I am also short and petite so the thought of having to push out a 9+ lbs baby is a little scary. I feel like I am running out of room in my belly too! I am really hoping that I go into labor early.

I am also short and petite so the thought of having to push out a 9+ lbs baby is a little scary. I feel like I am running out of room in my belly too! I am really hoping that I go into labor early.

I know what you mean, baby likes to tuck himself under my ribs on my right side but it feels like he's running out of room, I don't have a very long torso.....I can't imagine my belly in another 3 weeks but the only room to grow is outwards!!!

I'm not small and petite but I was also very nervous about trying to push him out. I think if his weight was more distributed, I would have still tried for the vaginal birth. But with the way his body was, they just thought it was too risky that his head would come out but his shoulders would get stuck. So, I agreed to the c section.

I also felt he was smooshed and we could see it on the ultrasounds. When I walked it hurt a lot cause his big head was bouncing on my vagina.

I'll tell you something. At 38 weeks my LO was weighing 8.5lbs with an estimated birth weight of about 10.5lbs. I was told due to his size they would induce me at around 40weeks, maybe let me go a bit longer, but not by too much as he was getting too big. At 40weeks+1 day I went in to be induced. After about 30 hours of different failed inductions (I wouldn't dilate at all!) we decided to do a c-section. Anyways, that night my LO was born, WEIGHING 7lbs 11oz. BOY was that scan off!

Don't worry about measuring big, it can go either way. The scans can be very inaccurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->