Baby Measuring On 10th Percentile

Charmed86

Reaction score
I had a growth scan this week, at 28wks & baby is measuring on the 10th percentile. The consultant & midwife seemed really concerned & have referred me for a more detailed scan with fetal medicine in a couple of weeks. Has anyone else had this? Idk what to expect really. The consultant was talking about possibly having to deliver early!

A friend of mine has been monitored in all 3 pregnancies for small babies. What they keep in mind though is if the growth continues along that percentile as the pregnancy progresses. So if her baby is always on the same centipede, they monitor but don’t induce early as the baby is growing accordingly.

But they will always be cautious with a small measuring baby in case it indicates any problems with placenta etc, and if growth is slow they will deliver early. Unfortunately just a wait and see.

hey lovely, my eldest son was born on the 2nd centile although we didn't know he was going to be that small (the told me over and over he was a large baby!)

:) As long as your bub continues to follow that 10th centile and there are no placental issues causing the small size they should be fine :) the only problem arises if bub stops growing at some point, they will keep a close eye on you though with regular growth scans xx

Agreed with what the ladies have said. My son was born small for gestational age ten days before due date, so it’s on my chart that future pregnancies will have growth monitoring. I wasn’t induced, he just came out when the placenta detached. He was 0.2 percentile, not even on the charts. He was 50th for weight and 95th for height last check up. We weren’t in NICU either. But it was definitely work pumping and bottle feeding and fortifying, but now he is strong and healthy and you’d never guess he was only 5lbs at birth.

My first daughter was on the charts then slipped off them under the 10th centile, she was born SGA (small for gestational age) and induced as she stopped growing.

Pregnant with my second and they will be inducing later this week (37 weeks) as baby has been under the chart since about 32 weeks and not following a line.

Both pregnancies I've had regular monitoring and scans to check the placenta is working properly as if anything was picked up they were going to induce even earlier. I had to have steroids to help baby's lungs as well.

Just listen to what the consultants have to say, it's likely you will have a lot of extra monitoring from now, as I say I've had scans every few days to check baby and placenta. If you're not sure on anything just ask them.

ladies for your future pregnancies, mention apirin and see whether consultants want you on it. I had to take daily aspirin with both my second and third pregnancies due to first bub being small x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->