baby milk formula

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
which baby milk formula would you say is the best.

i might of missed some out.sorry.

I hav enever heard of any of these, maybe because I am in Canada... So I just picked Other ;)

I used SMA, but that doesn't mean the others aren't as good, I just went for SMA... just go with your baby. :)

i use sma, no reason just because thats what my mum asked for in the hospital x

Well, i used to get sma when i was a baby lol
buttt, i might go for farleys, simply because the rusks are absolutley lush :)
i dont still eat them, well, if im at my aunties and shes got some in the cupboard i'll eat them haha
there just dead nice.
:p rofl

xx

how do i know which one to buy before baby is born.
i understand that once baby is born you can buy the one they prefer but what about before they are born.

Charlotte seems to prefer Aptimel. I've heard a couple of people say it's closer to breast milk. Dunno if that's true though.

I had Olivia on Cow & Gate and it didnt agree with her at all... I then moved her over to Aptimil, Its made by the same manufactors so I wouldnt say theres much differences between them but once I chnaged all the problems we were having settled down and she's a happy healthy baby,

Most Formula milks are pretty much the same, I wouldnt say one is better than another, personally I thinks its all to do with what agree's with your baby.

x

I was thinking of buying milk in advance but have been advised to wait until after birth. As someone i knows baby was but into SBU after birth and the nurses started it off on a different milk to what they had bought at home, so baby was used to this after the five days they were in hospital.

think I am going to go with Farleys - my friend just recommended it so thats why we will see if he takes to it or not but I plan to breast feed so might not need it for a while

I use Aptamil because it was the one recommended to me by my midwife and my HV. I also did some research online on other forums (before i found this one!) and they mostly seemed to agree that this was a good formula milk to use. Haven't had any problems with it really.

mrsnewbury - The only thing you can do really is buy one and see how baby gets on with it, and if they don't then try a different one. Different babies will get on better with different formulas, so really it's just a 'try it and see' thing. x

how do i know which one to buy before baby is born.
i understand that once baby is born you can buy the one they prefer but what about before they are born.

not trying breast feeding? after all, breast is best!

I was allergic to SMA so I'm not sure what to give bubs :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->