Baby monitors

dreamer

Reaction score
Hi

I'm only 16 weeks pregnant but putting together a list of stuff I like. I have a travel system and cotbed but thats it.

I am going to the Excel babyshow in 2 weeks time and wanted to have a list of stuff to look for.

I know absolutely nothing about monitors so would appreciate some suggestions?

My hearing can be a bit hit and miss and quite often I won't hear certain pitch noises, I'm not deaf, it's just certain tones or quietness I don't hear, due to a wonky grown nasal bone which holds more snot then it should and blocks my ear canals :cry:

Anyway, I've seen some with bright light alert for when the LO is crying but I've also seen some with an additional vibrate alert which I think it would be more helpful to me especially if I'm in the garden playing with the dogs. I can hear fine if the baby is in the same room or in the next room if the house is quiet.

Ooohh tricky one, congrats on the first trimester out of the way.... lol...
Right monitors.... Take it your not wanting pictures, just something very audible and not annoying? See list below....

what we have is:Tommee Tippee Suresound Ultimate Baby Monitor (although does not vibrate, only picks up 'Suresound' and if baby moves off matt(under matress) alarm (high pitch bleep) sounds.... Although expensive around £100 we've sworn for our next to buy there upgrade or re use this one....

Recommended by family and friends....AngelCare AC401 Movement and Sound Baby Monitor - this little beauty gives you a nice colour display and tells you the babys room temp on the mobile monitor (tommee tippee is only on the base station), good range on this one (upto 250m outdoors)... A little cheaper to (around £75) also has matt as with TT above....

Now for your vibration option... look at this one: Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital Monitor Pretty good features, no matt but... Does everything you need... Parent unit can be set to vibrate.....

When you go to the show, the in thing at the moment is Bluetooth/Landline monitors that will ring your mobile or landline.... making range infernate.... Good bits of kit but at the moment around £200 for a basic model....
Hope all of this helps....
R

Wow, thanks for that really appreciate it especially as you've also given models as well!!

I've made a note of all of them and will be studying them at the show.

Thanks again

No probs, daunting buying stuff... isn't it... lol enjoy the show, let us know if there's anything 'Gucci' (not the designer) lol
:happydance:
R

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"