Baby monitors

XKatX

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a baby monitor. We have done without one so far, but now he is going to bed and putting himself to sleep, it would be nice to go downstairs and use that time with OH. We only want a basic one, but is there any I should avoid?

TBH, now that Jasmine stays asleep so long, I dont bother bringing the monitor downstaires with me in the evening... But our living room is right at the bottom of the stairs...

We've got a Tomy one which is the one we used with Faith. I thought it was fab, just basic but did the job but I had to stop using it with her purely because my MIL would jump out her seat and say "baby" whenever Faith made a sound. Made me a bag of nerves lol so I put it away and TBH haven't used it so far with Ollie. Probably because our stairs are open into the lounge so I can hear him really easily. Overall They are a good thing though x

We have this one - a good price, and it works perfectly well. It comes with 2 parent units, so you can leave one in your bedroom, and leave one downstairs. Is battery or mains operated too, which I think is quite useful.

https://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-P...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...75&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

i have this one , one goes up stairs & has a night light on it & it has 3 built in lullabys too & you can control the lullabys by the downstairs one so if you want to turn the lullaby of you can or if you want to turn them on you can by the one downstairs , the one downstairs is also rechargeable . xx

We bought a Tomy Walkabout Premier Advance Monitor from boots, as it was on special offer. I've had nothing but problems with mine!!!

The reception is rubbish (it may be the area I live), constant crackling & every hour it sounds like there's a train going through Lewis's room. If you unplug for any reason or have a power cut (we have lots) it beeps constantly until you can find another channel, at 2 in the morning this is a real pain.

If I hadn't bought it in April I would of taken it back , but I didn't start using it til October :dohh:

I wouldn't advise anyone to get this type, perhaps the digital ones would be better.....

We've got the BT 100 and it's great, you can hear every little sound they make or you can set it so you only hear when they start to cry. It's not too expensive either.

We've got the BT 100 and it's great, you can hear every little sound they make or you can set it so you only hear when they start to cry. It's not too expensive either.

Snap, we have this one too. I find it great, but the only problem I have EVER had with it though is the lullaby switch is right above the power button, & a few times I have pressed it by mistake instead of switching it off, meaning a lullaby blasting out when he is fast asleep :rofl::rofl::dohh: He has never woken up though luckily!!!!

we have this one and its been really good :)
https://www.mothercare.com/Tomy-Wal...1/280-8967314-1930845?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core

We have this one - a good price, and it works perfectly well. It comes with 2 parent units, so you can leave one in your bedroom, and leave one downstairs. Is battery or mains operated too, which I think is quite useful.

https://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-P...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

I have this one to, really impressed so far. Really good reception and having the extra unit means we can leave one downstairs. They are only £34.99 at the minute in mothercare so if i don't use them that often i haven't wasted a load of money!!!
xx

we have the summer video one. my in laws bought it. it was about £120 but i love it for neurotic peace of mind. saw one in tk maxx yesterday for bloody £50. arse. hope you find one you like lovely. xx

this is the one i have & its great , i even hear him snoring on it . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->