Baby Morgan 18/07/09 *very long*

amie-leigh

Mummy To Princess Morgan
Reaction score
ok firstly I still dont remember a lot of what happened so OH has filled me in on some but other bits im unsure of so bare with me

had my show when i got up on thursday but didnt think a lot of it as ive been told i can be days/weeks after that but an hour later contractions start i thought they were braxton hicks but they got to 6minutes apart by lunch time so called labour ward who said unless pain is really bad try and stay at home as waters havent gone, well pain increased and they went from 6minutes to 4minutes apart so called them back they said to head in

got to hospital, only 1cm dilated so sent home with pain killers

contractions continued all through the night but times varied from 4minutes apart to 8minutes apart so bared it until 6pm friday night when they started coming 2minutes apart, OH called labour ward who said come in now

we arrived at labour ward at 6:30pm and i was 4cm so was told to go watch tv and they will check me in a bit, contractions got really bad while cornation street was on so started the gas and air

This is where it becomes patchy

after 3 hours on gas and air i fainted (they think i took to much too quick) so i was taken off gas and air and told i'd get it back in half hour after being examined, the M/W checked the babys heartbeat and her heartrate had dropped so she hit panic button and the room filled with people

at this point i fainted again so OH said they put a drip in my hand and there was a lot of muttering about an emergancy section, i was wheeled up to another room (fading in and out of consisnance (sp?) the whole time)
they put in an epidural and told OH that if i hadnt delivered in the next 2 hours i'd be getting a cesaran and they also broke my waters at this point

they came to check an hour later and i was told to try and start pushing (this was 7am) they'd be back just now, so OH tried to coach me into breathing and pushing but as baby was still back to back they said i had to decide between a section or forceps so i chose forceps

Morgan was born at 7:41am by forceps and i had to be cut and have 8 stiches

we were allowed home same day as i was recovering fast and Morgan was fine we left the hospital at 4pm :happydance:

oh and she was 7lbs 9oz and 20.5inchs (52.5 cm)

oh and will get pics up soon my brother has cable :rofl:

Congrats honey glad things turned out ok in the end xxx

Congrats hon, sorry it was a bit stressful but all ended well. xxx

Big congrats on ur pink bundle!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member