Baby Movements/Routine

ChloeBaybee

Unbelievably Pregnant...
Reaction score
I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and i really cant pinpoint any kind of routine he is in! The midwife always asks whether hes moving as usual and i always say yes cos i cant bare to tell her no! He usually has a mad half hour after i've ate my dinner but apart from that he just seems to wake up/move when he wants - i cant pinpoint any pattern at all! I feel awful because I cant keep a track on any reduced or increased movements! Anyone else experiencing this?x

I think it really depends. They just want to know if baby is moving more than 10 times in 10 hours. As long as the baby is moving, that's good. The movements will change as baby gets bigger. I don't get as many kicks now just a lot of dragging movements.

my movement routine seems to be over daxs rather than hrs. She had 2 quiet days then a few busy ones then back to quiet again! But always have more than 10

I would tell her exactly what you have written here - not because there is a problem, but because she needs to know if theres something worrying you.

I had a routine with my baby's movements up until around 2 weeks ago, now she can barely move it's just like the other lady above said "dragging movements". I was concerned so mentioned it to my midwife who totally reassured me. Any change needs to be reported!! Xx

^^Yeah, I tell my midwife exactly the kinds of movements I'm getting and I have described the dragging and she's totally ok with that because it's still movement. :flower:

Thanks everyone I'm going to mention it next week when I see her, he does seem to be on the go all the time and always moves when I put my hand there I just wouldnt say he has a routine :/ x

What is the "normal" "average" number of movements? 10 times in 10 hours doesn't sound like very much movement.

Is there a count in a set number of hours? Is that how it works? I don't even know.

i don't have a routine either, i just notice when i'm really active like out in the city running errands then he is more active, if i'm lazy and sleeping all day he is kind of lazy and thats not always either. I just try to make sure I feel a little in the morning, mid-day, and at night

I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and i really cant pinpoint any kind of routine he is in! The midwife always asks whether hes moving as usual and i always say yes cos i cant bare to tell her no! He usually has a mad half hour after i've ate my dinner but apart from that he just seems to wake up/move when he wants - i cant pinpoint any pattern at all! I feel awful because I cant keep a track on any reduced or increased movements! Anyone else experiencing this?x

i have the same problem. i had my 28 week appointment yesterday and the midwife asked me if baby was moving. i said yes but there is no pattern. i can go some days hardly feeling a thing and others he can kick quite a bit. she said i have to pay more attention to what baby is doing and take time to notice movements. but i do. otherwise i wouldnt be aware that there was no pattern. anyway last night i did as she said which was to time how long it takes to get 10 movements. i got them in about an hour but not hard ones. only tiny little flutters. do you think these count? its the same this morning - only light movements. am i meant to be looking for huge fidgets?

What is the "normal" "average" number of movements? 10 times in 10 hours doesn't sound like very much movement.

Is there a count in a set number of hours? Is that how it works? I don't even know.

i found this website last night which helped me with this question - it says 10 in 2 hours. if you dont get that try again a few hours later. if a second time you dont get 10 kicks in 2 hours you need to tell someone it says https://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/kickcounts.htm

I'm asked every time by my midwife if baby is moving more than 10 times in 10 hours :shrug:

I think its always really hard, not only does the routine change as baby gets bigger, so Ive just got used to one routine, have a quiet day and then suddenly theres a new routine.
I always find the weekend im on edge, as I havent quite sussed any routine there, perhaps its because I lie in longer and do less, but weekends I really have to go on a sugar fix to ease my mind (maybe that is the routine) .. sometimes it takes ages, and then by the time the weekdays are here and im back in work all back to normal?! strange.

Sometimes, if I'm really distracted or doing other things around the house, I don't notice baby's movements. That might be happening cause you're busy at work and just don't realize LO is shifting about :thumbup:

At 37 weeks, my LO is just rolling and dragging. No more sharp kicks. He likes to stick his bum in my ribs though!

my little girls the same!
she used to start wiggling in the morning, then really bad at night..
but now i'm 30 weeks, i've noticed a dramatic decrease in movement.. yesterday i'm not actually sure if i felt her? ..
if i give her a shove or a poke, she wakes up and starts moving.. but i can't say "yes, morning, mid-day and evening" - because i'd be lying! .. i've been worrying about this too hun xx

ALSO: i'm feeling a pulse-like feeling near my pubic bone (obviously inside though) .. it's like her heartbeat .. but i don't know, it's hard to describe? .. any ideas? xx

I very rarely get kicks, mine moves a ton but its definitely not kicking. its like he pushes and stretches and turns in my belly. When he does it you can see my belly deform as he moves. I finally got my fiance to put his hand on my belly last night and baby always gets shy when he's got his hand there but gave it about 5 minutes, he finally rolled around for him and it was amazing to know my fiance felt it too. I keep trying to record it but I never seem to catch him right. I have maybe one or two ok recordings of me trying to catch his movements.

I get that pulse feeling as well. It's probably not her heartbeat, but just from the placenta. I very rarely catch my LO's heartbeat and only know it because his is so different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->