Baby moving head down, whats it feel like?

monte3375

Reaction score
Until the last two days, baby boy pushes out above my belly button side to side, but i have felt infrequent movement real low. The past two nights, he is not pushing way out...I just feel constant movement up high middle and deep low...with heebie jeebie twinges on my bladder and lower parts.

Is he engaging?

I went to see Dr. last wednesday and confirm my boy head down already. I have a funny feel on my bladder and lower parts for a week or so before i'm hit 36 weeks.

I thought my lo wss pretty much engaged but at my appointment on Tuesdays I was told he was head down but free yet when ever I feel his head move down there im sure the movement it as low in my groin as he could go and his movements cause sever sharp back pains so now im worried how bad the pain will get from now till when he is engaged

I asked my doctor yesterday if mine is engaged, and he said typically for first-time moms the baby doesn't become engaged until labor has started. Don't know if this is your first though. Just thought I'd pass that bit along.
I'm overdue and looking for any signs that baby is getting ready to exit, which is why I asked about baby being engaged. The fact that he's not didn't surprise me, as most of his movements are still very high up, near my sternum. However, I do get some that are low, he uses the bladder press and the cervix punch a few times a day. Baby has made himself quite at home in there! haha!

im a ftm and mines been engaged for two weeks now...

it feel like pressure but i didnt notice a change in movement much as hes been head down since 20 week scan anyway

I asked my doctor yesterday if mine is engaged, and he said typically for first-time moms the baby doesn't become engaged until labor has started. Don't know if this is your first though. Just thought I'd pass that bit along.

No that's the wrong way round. If its your second or more baby, then usually they don't engage until labour because your muscles aren't so tight as to hold the baby down there. They can bob in and out of the pelvis quite easily as its all been stretched before.
First babies CAN engage well before labour and can be engaged for weeks.

FTM, 38+2 weeks, still not engaged but had been head down since about 30 weeks- I occasionally get sharp pains and pressure.
Midwife told me not to be suprised if she didn't engage until labour.

My babies head has been engaged for the last 2 weeks. I had a scan yesterday to confirm this !
I noticed that my bump got smaller when he engaged plus I had more room under my boobs. Also my heartburn has completely gone away.
I get a constant like buzzing feeling down below and lots of pressure on my bladder !

My last scan I had I asked if baby was engaged and was told that it can be seen if head is down but not if baby is fully enaged and that is can only be done by your mw feeling how engaged baby is as there are 5 stages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->