Baby name regrets :-(((

MummyHunter

Reaction score
I am struggling at the moment.
We took ages to decide on a name for this little one and we could never agree on anything. You will see by all the polls posted on here!!

We finally settled on Alannah but I am seriously having doubts now she is 24 days old and has been registered.

Even a few nights ago while I was up feeding her I kept calling her Flossie (Florence) she just looks like a Florence to me

Will I just get over this and accept I have given her a name and that is it?

Please everyone who is struggling to name their baby if you are not sure just wait, it is so so true that your baby will suit a name and sometimes you need to wait to see them before you can properly decide xx

I am so sorry you are feeling this pain and regret.
Naming a baby is the start of the hardest decisions you will have to make as being a parent.
Seeing as she is already here, and you are spending time with her...You can either try and get used to the given name Alannah, or you can have the option of changing her name to Florence. This clearly wouldn't effect her at all if you do it early enough, and then you can no longer have that regret.
Remember that you are not the only one who regrets naming their child a certain name, and some parents don't realize it until the child is already understanding and writing their name. Since you are realizing this regret so early on, I think it would make a lot of sense to just change it now, especially if Florence is already what you want to call her.
Is the father on board with changing her name? Maybe talk it out with your family as they always tend to give the best advice, and I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
Either way, I love both names you mentioned and wish you the best of luck with your beautiful baby.

I agree with wannabemommy- it is still early enough to change it, and really you could go with Florence Alannah if getting rid of Alannah is not an option-though I see she already has a middle name. I see you are truly struggling with this and I think it isn't worth it. She is still so little-she won't know the difference. Good luck!

It's not too late to change it.... I do think Alannah is a lovely name though. You can always use Flossie as a nickname. My DD had a few nicknames when she was a baby, but difference is, that I never for a second didnt think the name we had chosen didn't suit. What about Daddy? What does he think? X

I'm sorry you are feeling this but I can assure you it goes away! I felt like we named my DD the wrong name when several (complete strangers) reacted badly to it and my dad suggested having her go by her middle name. I managed to convince myself it was all wrong. But as time went on and I used it more and sang songs with her name it just became who she is. And I love Gloria's name more than ever! I think part of it is just getting to know who they are. As much as we feel connected and like we know them, they are actually strangers to us. And getting used to using their name can take a while just like when meeting anyone new. I do think Alannah is beautiful as well.

One day you won't be able to picture her called anything other than Alannah I had similar After Rosalie I wondered should I have called her something else I just couldnt get used to it, but now I love it as much as i first heard it cant imagine her being anything else..... btw Alannah Is a great name thats what iv been told all my life ;)

Alana x

Alannah is gorgeous. You can even say her name backwards and it's a cute nickname. That's not very common. :)

when my LO was born i was convinced he looked like an Alex... thank god i didn't change my mind as he is now a complete Jake (and i hate the name Alex) let the hormones settle down which usually takes 6 months to a year before making any serious changes

if the worst comes to the worst you could add Flossie (Florence) as a new middle name and then she can be both - that way if it is a mistake its not a serious life changing change and if its not a mistake and you still feel the same in a year she can still be know by that Flossie (all my family are known by there middle names so its not that uncommon and causes very little problems)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->